Nineteen

We get to the police station in less than 10 mins. I park the car and my Mum and I get out. We walk into the police station and a greeted by a woman.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" The police officer says in a chirpy voice.

"Hi, I'm Emilia Martinelli." I start but she nods and points to the door. I thank her and we walk through the door and into an office.

"Hi Emilia, I'm Maria Price." She says handing out her hand for me to shake it.

"Hello Maria." I say shaking her hand.

"Have a seat, I'm guessing this is your Mum?" She asks and I nod.

"Hi Maria, I'm Betty." She says and Maria smiles.

"Okay, so let's get down to business." Maria says and I nod.

"Okay, so you have obviously read the article?" She asks.

"Yes I have." I answer and she nods, jotting down some notes.

"So you obviously have an explanation as to whether the allegations on the article are true or false, what are your thoughts?"

"Well, everything stated in the article is fake and not true. I was born in red white and blue, I've been a member for over 15 years and my dream is to play AFLW. But the article said that I was there to break the team apart and I am a spy for the Carlton footy club, which is not true. Yes, I was down at the Carlton footy club the other week to watch my best friend who plays for Carlton and I spoke to a few of the men's players, but otherwise I am not associated with the them in anyway." I explain, Maria nods taking down notes.

"Okay, so have both clubs spoken to you?" She asks.

"Yes, I actually had a meeting with both clubs yesterday and they believe that the allegations are false." I say and she nods.

"What did the Carlton Football club have to say?"

"They said that I have no association with them in any way other than my best friend playing for them and that they did not ask me to be a spy for them."

"Okay." Maria says nodding and jotting down notes at the same time.

"Do you have any idea who would be behind this article or who the anonymous source the article mentioned."

"Melissa Peterson." I say and she nods.

"Okay, and why do you think this person is behind the article?"

"Well, I am really close friends with Marcus Bontempelli and Melissa is his ex girlfriend. And one day at training, in the change rooms, Melissa came in and threatened me to stay away from Marcus." I say and Maria nods.

"And what exactly did she say?"

"She said that she'll ruin me." I say and Maria nods.

"Oh yeah, before I forget she also slapped me across my face. We can get security footage of it." I say remembering Marcus telling me that the change rooms have cameras in them, not the bit where you actually get changed, but where you walk in.