Forty Four

I wake up and look at the time, it's 9am. I get up and freshen myself up in the bathroom. Then I put some comfy clothes on and head downstairs.

"Morning Em." My parents say and I smile.

"Morning." I say. I make myself a piece of toast with some butter and Vegemite, then I take a seat on the couch next to Alyssa and Leo. Noah is still sleeping as usual.

"So did you enjoy the Brownlow last night?" Leo asks and I nod.

"I did! I loved it." I say and he smiles.

"That's good, it looked like you had a good time." He says.

"Thanks." I say and Leo smiles.

"Bianca, Alanah and I are looking at buying this house in Carlton." I say and my parents turn around.

"What?" They both say and I nod.

"Yep, we haven't bought it yet cause we're waiting after exams to go and have a look at the house." I say and they nod.

"How much is it?" My Dad asks and I shrug.

"I dunno, it isn't listed on the website." I say and he nods.

I continue talking with my fam until I decide to head back upstairs to do some studying. I'm excited for tonight though because I'm catching up with my first cousins. I haven't seen them in ages as we're all busy. So we're going out to a restaurant. I walk upstairs and remember that I forgot to ask Marcus if he's free, so he can tag along. Since he's my boyfriend now, I wants him to come and meet my family.

I walk into my bathroom and quickly brush my teeth, then I walk out and flop down on my bed. I tap onto FaceTime and call Marcus.

"Hey baby." I say when he answers and he smiles.

"Hey beautiful." He says and I smile.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Nothing much." He says and I nod. Then I hear a massive bang in the background, sounding like a plate smashing or something. Marcus turns around and just shakes his head. I then hear a voice saying "sorry I didn't mean to drop it." And my heart drops.

"Who do you have over?" I ask, trying not to panic.

"Oh it's just Dunks." He says lifting the phone higher so that I can see Josh.

"Hey Em." Josh says waving at the phone and I sigh a sigh of relief. I am happy that it's just Josh and not anyone else, I don't know. I don't mean to jump to conclusions but it was hard not too when I heard the voice.

"Hey Josh." I say and Marcus puts the phone back down so I can see just him.

"Who do you think I'd have over this early in the morning." He says and I shrug.

"I dunno that's why I asked." I say forcing a smile and he sighs.

"Em you know I'd never cheat on you yeah?" He says and I nod.

"I know, I just panicked cause I wasn't expecting another voice." I say and he nods.

"I understand." He says and I smile.