Chapter 40

A/N: TW: rape
===============================
Anna POV

She hit me. I know she didn't mean to and I know it's not her fault. I know even if she was angry with the world right now, she would never purposely hurt me.

It's been a few weeks and she's been avoiding me. She locked her window and closed the curtains. She locks herself in her room when she is home. She even got a job. Her mom told me that all the money she gets is going to cancer research, so she's basically working at the auto repair shop in town for free. If she's not working out or studying she's working she has no time for a social life anymore.

When I go to the shop to talk to her she pretends like she's busy. She won't even stand within arms reach of me obviously because she's scared.

Mr.Will, the owner of the shop even tries to get her to just take some time off but, she doesn't listen. Cars are her get away, she feels stress free when she's working and I get that but, she needs time to just relax.

I can tell she's exhausted. I can see it in her eyes, in the way she holds herself now. She walks into class with her shoulders slumped, dark eye bags like she hasn't slept in months, her usual short curly neat hair now all messy and needs a brush ran through it, and I never see her smile anymore.

She's so quiet. She doesn't answer questions or raise her hand. She puts her headphones in and rest her head on her arms. Everyday

She even got the teacher to let her change seats to the very back of the class. No one sits back there. My heart ached for her. I just want her to  hold her and tell her I love her. I miss her so much.

It's so weird going to her house and being so close to the family and not having Y/N with me. I've heard from her mom how out of it and how she doesn't act the same. She's taking this thing so hard and even playing her guitar doesn't bring her joy anymore. She gave it to her dad and told him to find a safe spot for it because it doesn't bring her joy anymore.

Her parents asked why we weren't together anymore. I told him how I followed her to the cliff and she accidentally hit me. I told them how she won't even look at me and how she doesn't even get close to me anymore. I told them everything that's been going on.

Jhett told me how she comes to her room and just cries to her every night.  She said that Y/N barely even talks to her anymore. She really feels broken and I can't help her.

I took up photography as an extra curricular. I love it. It makes you really explore and find the true beauty in even the tiniest of things.

I was currently walking downtown. Looking at the pictures I had taken of old signs and cracks in the sidewalks to see which ones looked the best when my camera was snatched out of my hands "Lookie what we have here. Anna Shumates little camera" I was none other than Brady Rexler. Senior and Head dick of the lacrosse team. Who's been trying to get with me ever since he heard the news that Y/N and I broke up.

"Brady just give it back. I don't have time for this." I said reaching for my camera "Not so fast! If you don't have time then let me make this simple. Now that your single, you go out with me." I rolled my eyes at him and reached for my camera again. He grabbed my arm "Brady let go of me. I'm not going to go out with you. Just leave me alone"

"That's where your wrong. You're going to go out with me and I won't hurt you if you just cooperate." I got my arm out of his grip "Fine! You get one date then just leave me alone!" I said finally getting ahold of my camera

"Sounds good sexy" he forcefully pulled me into him and kissed me, groping my ass. All I could think about was the last time I was touched and it not being through Y/N. It made me feel so dirty. I feel dirty all over again