3.7.0

Chapter Forty-Six: Evasive

"I keep a record of the wreckage of my life. I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind. They talk shit, but I love it every time. And I realize I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night."

~Nightmare by Halsey~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: September 4, 2022

A/N: I think that this song ^ describes Zion perfectly. It's scary accurate and I just found it the other day haha.

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, langubage, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

I apologize in advance for all the character slander in this chapter haha. I swear I love everyone.

Also, I'm updating earlier than I said I would, but the Author's Note at the bottom is important regarding the next chapter, so please leave your ideas there. I'd really appreciate it because I'm currently struggling with writer's block.

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

I'm enjoying the sunset on the beach as the sand works its way between my toes.

"HELP!" a girl screams.

I look behind me to see a girl about my age being picked up by a man. She struggles and I immediately run over to save her, "Leave her alone!"

I roundhouse kick the attacker and the girl regains her footing. The man turns to me, "You're going to regret that."

I see the girl running away, leaving me here with this man who's a few inches taller than me. I turn to run away, but hands wrap around my waist and yank me back. I jab my elbow into the soft spot of the guy's neck, cutting off his airway. Then, I do a jumping spin-kick - a move I wasn't even aware I could do -  and knock him down.

"P-Please. Stop," the man pleas from the ground.

Then it hits me. He looks like, "Miguel?"

"Stop hurting me. Please," he looks smaller now and my eyes soften. It's Miguel.

"No, no, I don't want to hurt you," I crouch beside him and he grabs my hand.

"I miss you," he says softly.

"I-I miss you, too, Miggy," I say and he wraps me in a hug. He always gives the best hugs.

"Mercy is a weakness," a voice says behind me. I turn to see another man is standing up and he looks like... Adam.

"No," I whisper and try to stand up to run away in a panic.

I grab Miguel and try to run away with him, but only a few seconds later I hear a gunshot.

I look beside me to see Miguel no longer there. I turn back and see the sand is red and Miguel has collapsed.

"NO!" I scream and rush back over to my best friend's limp body, tears streaming down my face. "M-Miguel," I sob and try to get him up.