4.6.8^

Chapter Sixty-Eight: Solidarity

"They're gonna burn me at the stake, but I got a fire in my veins. I wasn't made to fall in line."

~Fall In Line by Christina Aguilera ft. Demi Lovato~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: November 3, 2023

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

A/N: The song above is so good and I highly recommend listening to it if you haven't before^

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"You've worked so hard," Robby reminds me as I drive towards the All Valley Sports Arena. "I'm proud of you for still going today."

I just hum, "Mhm," in response because I can already feel my energy draining. So much is riding on this: rights for girls in sports in The Valley, proving Sensei Silver wrong, and so much more. I don't even care that I can't get a grade on this anymore; this cause has become a part of me.

I park and we hop out. Robby moves his hand over to mine, and I grip his tightly. Then, we smile at each other, and I feel my confidence building.

"Z!" Eva runs over and hugs me. I'm surprised because she really isn't a hugger. "I have exceptional news."

I see Devon, Liv, and Jai behind her.

"The board has already agreed to meet with you to present your argument," Eva tells me.

I stare at her in astonishment, "No, no, no, I can't do that."

"You already did the video and it has five thousand views now," Devon speaks up.

"Besides, you represent the cause. You fought in the last All Valley and you deserve another chance at the title against all genders," Liv agrees.

"We all do," Devon nods.

"Well, look who finally showed," Jai smirks.

I turn around and see Tory and Piper walking together. Kenny walks beside them and I smile in surprise.

"Kenny insisted on coming, so I picked him up, too," Piper explains.

"I want to help you because you helped me," Kenny explains.

"Aw, he's cute," Liv whispers.

"Who you calling' cute?" Kenny yells over at her.

"Thank you," I try to hold in a laugh as I look down at Kenny.

Robby pulls the boy in for a side hug/choke and Kenny tries to wrestle free.

"Hey, you all right?" Tory comes beside me in concern. "I heard about the suspension. LaRusso will pay."

"No," I sigh. "I've thought about it and it's not a good idea to keep this cycle of revenge going. At least, let's wait until the tournament."

"I don't get it. You're totally mellow," Tory frowns.

"Well, my mom might be involved now, so there's that," I mutter under my breath just for her to hear.

"That's okay. I shouldn't mess with Sam, anyway. I need to stay in school for my mom," Tory sympathizes.