3.1.0

Chapter Thirty-Six: Bitch Is Back

"I'm back in the game, kickin' ass again. No stopping me now; it's like I've never been away. So, you better watch out 'cause I'm back in the game."

~Back In The Game by Airbourne~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 25, 2022

Warnings: abuse, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

I'm standing on the highway at night again. It's empty. Nothing is around me for miles and miles.

At least, I think so.

"Hello?" I call out into the abyss.

No response.

"Anybody?" I ask in hopelessness, not knowing what else to do.

"Zion," a voice says.

"Who's there?" I ask. I don't see anybody.

"Come hug your mommy," the voice says and I panic, realizing who it is.

"N-No. You stay away from me," I say, looking for the figure of her.

"You're turning your back on me? Your only family you have left?" her voice echoes around me.

"Leave me alone," I whisper as I try to control my breathing.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," the voice laughs and I spin around to see her. Janice. She looks drunk and her hair is messy and her clothes are dirty.

"Get away!" I run the other direction and bump into something. I spin around to see a man with wide eyes that are all white and I scream in fear.

"Zion," the figure moans as he takes one step closer for each step I take away. My eyes focus and I realize who it is.

"M-Miguel?" I ask.

"You let this happen to me."

I look closer and see his back is in a weird position from the injury to his spine. It's creepy to see him like this.

"You could have saved me."

"No, M-Miguel, I-" I try to argue and the feminine voice interrupts me.

"You're weak." Janice. "You lost. You're pathetic. You're a scared little girl who needs to come home," she walks closer to me and I shake my head, backing away from her.

"You could have prevented this," Miguel speaks up again. I run down the highway to get away, but suddenly Janice appears in front of me again.

"You're weak," the woman punches my face really and I fall to the ground from the unexpected pain and harsh impact.

"You could have saved me," Miguel says.