5.7.3

"Heroes try to tell us what's right, but when push comes to shove, you'll know what I mean. I'm ready to start a fight. I'm gonna be the anti-hero, feared and hated by everybody."

~ANTI-HERO by SEKAI NO OWARI~

⭒⭒⭒

A/N: Yay another update <3

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, gun violence, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, weapons, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

Sensei Silver shows me to the dojo that looks like a renovated gym. I glance back at the door.

"This is a wooden dummy," he walks over to a set of boards constructed to look like a person. "Punch it." I look over at him as if he's crazy. "What? Is this too hard for you, Z? Break the board."

"But, Sensei, how am I supposed to punch through these? They're thicker than-"

"When you're faced with an extreme situation, Z," Sensei's voice rings through the small home dojo, "you don't have time to doubt yourself. Did Adam Hansen give you a moment to prepare?"

I look down and my muscles tense in strain. I glance back up at the board and prep to punch the wooden board that sits where a face would.

"Fuck!" I hold my hand in pain.

"Do it again."

"What?" I ask him.

"You're weak," he tells me.

"I-"

"You can't be too cocky or prepared. I've made that mistake before, but never again," he explains. "You have to be ready for any opponent anytime. Are you ready?"

"Yes, Sensei," I say timidly.

"With conviction."

"Yes, Sensei."

"He's coming for you, Z. Your enemy. Will you be ready?"

I focus on the figure again and try again. My punches become harder and more frequent as I draw blood. I try not to cry out in pain.

Then, hands grip my waist and I jump with a scream.

My world shifts as I sit upright. My eyes focus on the Diaz's living room. I'm shaking. Tears are rolling down my face. My breathing is heavy.

I wish I could say it was a nightmare.

It was a memory.

A very real memory.

Why I ever trusted Silver when my first instinct was not to was the worst decision of my life.

Trusting Kreese was the worst decision of my life, really.

So much would have been better if I had listened to Johnny when he tried to explain everything to me.

I roped other people into my problems and hurt them.