0.3.0

Chapter Negative Three: Drama

"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive. Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be."

~Counting Stars by OneRepublic~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, biphobia, domestic violence, homophobia, language, outing, underage drinking, and other mature themes

A/N: Just a reminder that you are loved and valid. If you need to talk about anything, I'm here.

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"So, can you hangout tonight?" Jess asks hopefully.

"I don't know. Robby is supposed to come back into town today," I say into the phone with a smile.

"I still need to meet him!" She giggles, "Ooh, does he have a sister?"

"Jess!" I exclaim with a laugh. "I just want to meet up with him again if I can."

"Well, the group is going to another party tonight," she says. "I don't want to go alone."

"I thought you just said the group was going with you?" I ask in confusion.

"Yes, but they're going to split off. Katie and Reid will probably play each other in beer pong and make me feel like a third wheel, and then we both know Brian and Diego are sickening together," she complains. "Plus, I don't want to handle Gabi alone."

"Oh no. Gabi will be there?" I ask with a groan.

"It's at Kayla's house," Jess sighs and I gasp.

"No way. You are not dragging me back to that house," I shake my head. "I can't believe you'd even invite the idea."

"Diego is dragging Brian who is dragging Katie who is dragging Reid and I. You know Reid will reach out to you and beg you to come, too," she reasons with me.

"Jess, Gabi and Kayla are bad people. You know this. I don't go near them because we can't trust them. Being on their property is dangerous," I say dramatically.

"You're over exaggerating," Jess pouts.

"Am I, though?" I ask. "They were awful to us. Somehow Gabi makes Regina George look like a saint."

"And Kayla is Karen," Jess giggles.

"Exactly. I'm not going," I make up my mind.

"Fiiine," she groans. "What will you do with Robby?"

"It all depends if he can even meet up tonight," I admit.

"Why wait for an 'if' when you can just-"

"I'm not going to Kayla's, Jess," I argue.

"Okay, okay, I get it."

My phone buzzes and I pull it away from my ear to see a text message from Robby.

Robby to Zion: There's a house party tonight that the guys are going to. Are you up for that?

I text back my response nervously.

Zion to Robby: Maybe, what house?

"Zion, what's going on? Helloooooo," Jess yells into the phone and I put it up to my ear.