2.3.5

Chapter Twenty: Sunflower

"You're the sunflower. I think your love would be too much."

~Sunflower by Post Malone, Swae Lee~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 10, 2022

A/N: Thank you so much for 10k reads! I decided to update just as a thank you:)

Warnings: abuse, domestic violence, sexual harassment/assault, language, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"So, what did you think?" Hawk asks as we meet up with his dad.

"I thought you both did amazing! I didn't know you could do all that. I'm proud of you, son," Paul says to Hawk, who beams. Moon and Demetri walk over.

"You guys are so talented," Moon gushes and pulls me into a hug. "I can't believe my friends are so great at karate." I smile, kind of glad Moon and I are friends.

"Demetri! How have you been?" Hawk's dad turns to my least favorite person.

"I've been good, Mr. Moskowitz," Demetri says. They obviously have known each other for a while.

"You were an excellent board holder," his dad compliments and I hold in my snarky remark.

What he did wasn't even that hard. He's just a coward who is too scared to learn karate and plays off of our victories.

"I keep telling him to join Cobra Kai," Hawk says.

"You should join, too, Moon," I tell her.

"No, I'm a lover, not a fighter," she smiles. It's true. She's dressed like a hippie would, but it is a cute style for her.

"Me too," Demetri says.

"I think karate would be great for you. Eli, er, Hawk sure is enjoying himself," Paul plugs it to Demetri.

"I'll consider it," Demetri nods, looking anxiously at me. He knows I don't want him there.

"Well, what else is there to do here?" Paul asks.

"I can show you," Hawk says. Then he turns to me with a frown, realizing he's going to ditch me. "Wait, Z, I-"

"You go ahead and spend some quality time together. I'll grab Miguel and walk around with him," I tell Hawk.

"Are you sure? It's your birthday," Hawk says.

"That's okay. We can spend later tonight together. Besides, I'm here all the time. Enjoy what time you have with your dad," I assure him.

"Only if you're okay with that," he says.

I nod and he kisses me quickly before walking away with his dad. I know how much my dad mattered to me; I won't stand in the way of quality time.

"Happy birthday! I had no idea," Moon smiles.

"Oh, thank you," I say, really not excited for more people to know.

"Yeah. Happy birthday," Demetri says with resentment in his voice.

"Lighten up, guys. Let's go find Miguel," Moon invites Demetri and herself to hang out with me.

I nod and try to hide my frustration that Demetri is joining us. I make sure we are on either side of Moon as we walk around to find Miguel.

⭒⭒⭒