Orochimaru's Return

Once we were sure Itachi was gone, Sasuke and I turned to each other. "How are you doing?" he asked, gently.

I felt a strange calmness. I sniffled and wiped my tears. "I think I'm going to be okay". I turned to face him. "Last time, I didn't think I was ready to live without him. But now that I got to see him again, even if it was just for a moment, now that I got the closure I needed, I feel like it's going to be a little easier to move on".

We were interrupted by a familiar voice in my head. "(Y/N), what's going on? Did you actually stop the Reanimation Jutsu?"

I held my finger up to tell Sasuke to 'hold on' before replying to Lord Inoichi. "Can you broadcast this to everyone?"

I waited until I got the 'Ok' to proceed.

"My husband was the one that stopped the Reanimation Jutsu. He was a reanimated shinobi as well, but he was willing to risk his life to save us".

Suddenly, there was an explosion right next to us, forcing me to cut off my connection. Sasuke and I turned to see Suigetsu and Jūgo appear.

"What are you guys doing here?" Suigetsu asked.

"Putting a stop to the Reanimation Jutsu," I answered with a shrug.

Suigetsu sighed in annoyance. "You two are so similar, you know that? You never feel the need to explain things in better detail, do you? It's been a while since we've seen either of you, so just tell us what you've really been doing".

I looked at Sasuke and took a subtle step back. 'I'mma let him handle this one'.

He pointed to Kabuto. "It's Kabuto. Kabuto was the one that cast the Reanimation Jutsu".

We watched as Suigetsu examined Kabuto.

"What do you want, after all this time?" Sasuke asked, growing impatient.

That's when Suigetsu seemed to remember that he was here for a reason. "We found something incredible at one of the hideouts".

Before he continued, he stopped and looked at me, as though unsure whether or not I should be listening.

I put my hands up in defense. "Don't worry about me guys, I'm not even here".

Suigetsu and Sasuke rolled their eyes before the former pulled out some sort of scroll.

I found myself leaning closer as Sasuke opened the scroll and read its contents. When I saw what was inside, my eyes widened in shock. "This is..."

"With this scroll, Taka can take over the entire shinobi world!" Suigetsu exclaimed.

"Hold on there," I interrupted, pointing to Suigetsu. "You forget that I'm here too. And you're gonna need to get past me if you want to 'take over the entire shinobi world'".

Sasuke put up his hand to silence me, closing the scroll. "Now, I need to go meet up with someone".

We tilted our heads in confusion. "Meet who?"

"Orochimaru".

My eyes widened. 'Meet my father? But how...?'

As he turned to walk away, I grabbed onto him to stop him. "Wait-- My father, he's dead, isn't he? So, how...?" I didn't know how to finish that question.

"Don't you think it's possible that someone as tenacious as Orochimaru might not be killed so easily?"

I caught him glancing at my neck. I placed my hand over my curse mark as I realised what he meant. I supposed it was possible for him to live on in his curse marks.