Pass or Fail: Survival Test

Two days later, we had to go back to the academy to find out which teams we were in. When I woke up, I excitedly got dressed and proudly place my new Leaf Headband on my (B/P). Then we left for class.

I was sitting in between the window and Sasuke when Naruto walked in and decided to sit next to Sasuke, of all people. I didn't have anything against Naruto, but Naruto had something against Sasuke.

It wasn't long before Sakura and Ino walked in arguing as usual, until they spotted Sasuke. Then Sakura ran up to us, pushed Naruto out of the way, and started gushing over Sasuke, and it wasn't long before the rest of his fangirls followed. I rolled my eyes. "Here we go," I muttered. It didn't really affect me, but it was incredibly annoying, especially since I was always with him.

They started arguing over who was going to sit next to Sasuke until Naruto got up on the desk and started glaring at Sasuke. Their faces were just an inch away from each other. All it took was a certain meddling teenager to nudge Naruto forward just a little for his lips to land on Sasuke's. All the girls were disappointed that Sasuke's first kiss was Naruto and not them, while I was hunched over laughing my head off. It was exactly what I needed given this specific week.

Eventually, Iruka Sensei showed up and we all took our seats. Sakura ended up sitting on the other side of Sasuke with Naruto sitting next to Sakura. Iruka Sensei started reading out the names for the teams. "And in squad 7, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, and (Y/N)". I could barely hide my excitement. I was worried I wouldn't be put with Sasuke, but I was more worried about the other three in my team. Naruto hated Sasuke, Sakura hated Naruto and I wasn't too keen on being on the same team as Sakura. I did not see this ending well.

After Iruka Sensei had finished announcing the squads, Naruto stood up. "Iruka Sensei, why does a great ninja like me have to be in a squad with a slob like Sasuke?"

Iruka Sensei replied calmly, "Naruto, Sasuke got the best scores on the graduation exam, yours were the worst". The whole class started laughing.

I heard Sasuke mutter, "Just don't get in my way, loser". I whacked him in the back of the head. "Ow! What was that for?" he yelled, rubbing the spot where I hit him.

"Don't be mean!" I replied.

Sakura stood up. "Don't hit Sasuke!"

"I'm his family, I can do whatever I want!" If only she knew how literal that statement was. Sakura sat back down glaring at me. It was no secret that every girl in our class was jealous of me for my close relationship to Sasuke, but he was more like a brother to me.

Iruka Sensei stopped the growing commotion by dismissing us to lunch. I didn't exactly get the chance to sit with Sasuke due to his growing rivalry with Naruto and the fact that I had my Medical Ninjutsu training.

After lunch, we went back to the classroom. One by one, teachers came to pick up their teams until we were the only ones left. "He's late," I pointed out, stating the obvious.

Due to our growing boredom, Naruto decided to play a prank on our teacher. He got up on the desk closest to the door, took the blackboard eraser, and wedged it in the crack between the door and the wall so that when our teacher opened the door, the eraser would fall on his head.

"Our teacher's a Jounin, an elite ninja. You think he'd fall for that?" Sasuke said. Of course, Sakura agreed with him. I just rolled my eyes. I was still tired from the nightmare, so I wasn't really in the mood to play around.

Just a moment later, the door started to open and we all turned towards it to see what would happen. The door opened and a man with white hair, a face mask covering half of his face, and the Leaf headband walked in. He stopped by the door just as the eraser fell and hit his head. "He actually fell for it?" I asked, stunned.