Team 7, Assemble!

"Sorry we're late," I said by greeting.

Everyone immediately turned hostile at the sight of Sasuke, and who could blame them?

Ino tried to run up to him and Shikamaru and Chōji held their arms out to stop her. "He's still our enemy".

I stepped into front of him and waved my hands around frantically. "No, guys! He's on our side!"

Suddenly, I heard someone call out. "Now you show up! Where were you when headquarters was destroyed and everyone in it died? Or when Neji Hyūga died?"

I turned my gaze to the floor with saddened eyes. "I'm sorry. I let one of my closest friends die, and I wasn't anywhere near here. Some leader I am..."

"No". I turned around and saw Sakura looking at me with a gentle expression. "You stopped the reanimation Jutsu. Besides, not even you, with your Teleportation Jutsu, would have been fast enough to save them".

I gave her a thankful nod before turning to the army, who were still staring at us with wary eyes. "The truth is I was trying to recruit Sasuke and Legendary Sannin Orochimaru to our side".

"How do you except us to trust him after everything he's done?"

I turned towards the source of that voice. "Because I trust him".

"That's easy for you to say, you grew up with him!" The person that said that must have been from the Hidden Leaf, because there was no way they would have known that otherwise.

"Yes, and there is no one he has hurt more than me. To be completely honest, I still haven't forgiven him for everything he's done to me. But in this one instance, I choose to trust him. I choose to trust that he will help us, that he will do right by us in this war. Besides, we need all the help we can get against Madara Uchiha and the Ten-Tails, and Sasuke is a very powerful adversary to have".

Sakura and Naruto gave me proud smiles. Sakura's gave finally slid to Sasuke. "What are you doing here, Sasuke?"

"A whole lot has happened, but I've decided to protect the Hidden Leaf Village now," he answered. I gave him a proud smile. "Then after, I will become Hokage".

We all stared at him, dumbfounded. I was not expecting that. I placed my hand over my mouth to stop from falling over in a fit of laughter at his absurd idea.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Hate to say it, bro, but you're about as far from being Hokage as they can get. Besides, I've already pledged my allegiance to Naruto". I pointed at him. "If anyone has a chance at being Hokage, it's him".

Kiba pointed at me. "I'm offended by that!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just speaking the truth".

I turned back to Sasuke with narrowed eyes. "Your brother once said, 'Becoming Hokage isn't about getting people to acknowledge you, only those already acknowledged will ever become Hokage'. Look around, Sasuke. No one here trusts you". He opened his mouth, but I cut him off. "Don't get it twisted. I trust that you choose us over them in this war, and I trust that you will fight on our side until this war is over, but you're Sasuke Uchiha. You're not on anyone's side but your own, and I don't trust that you won't betray me again".

"I know. I realise you probably can't trust me again, but it doesn't really matter what any of you think of me".

I clenched my fists in anger. 'Stay calm, (Y/N). Do not slap the living daylights out of him'.

Suddenly, Naruto, who was getting healed by Sakura, stood up and walked towards us. I held my breath as I waited for what he'd do.

He looked at us with a smirk. "I'm going to be the one who'll be Hokage". I gave him a proud smile.

He gave me a nod before jumping away with Sasuke. Sakura and I gave each other a nod before jumping up next to them.

I smirked. "You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun, did you?" With that, team 7 was finally reunited.

As we got ready for battle, Hashirama drew our attention to a Tailed Beast Bomb heading our way. The Ten-Tails tried to attack the barrier the Hokages had placed around him but failed, only injuring himself in the process.

Hashirama created five clones of himself. Four of them were to open the barrier to create access and allow the Allied Shinobi Forces to make attacks on the Ten-Tails. The other wood clone confronted Madara, who refused to fight a simple clone. As we went inside the barrier, the Ten-Tails created an army of monsters to defend itself from attacks.

What drew my attention was the man standing in front of the beast. I could feel the anger start to build up at the sight of my traitorous brother. I couldn't stop myself from trying to make my way to him.

However, my eyes were immediately drawn to Sakura as a diamond started to appear on her forehead as she attacked the monsters with brutal strength, causing me to stop and stare at her with surprise on my face. Apparently, Sasuke and Naruto were just as surprised.

"No fair!" I whined. "Do you know how difficult that Jutsu is to master?"

Every medical ninja had heard of the Hundred Healings Jutsu, but few had ever managed to master it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Sakura had mastered it. After all, her master was one of the few I just mentioned.

The three of us met up again with our backs to each other as we kept an eye on our enemies. The feeling that I felt being with them again, it felt complete. Like everything was right in the world again, despite us currently being in the middle of a war against my own flesh and blood. And I meant Obito and Madara as well.

Sai tried to attack the Ten-Tails from the sky, only to get shot down and saved by Naruto.

"Can you share you chakra with everyone again?" Sai asked Naruto.

"Not right now. Kurama isn't done recharging his chakra yet".

"To take down the main body, we need to mow down the big ones or find some way to slip past them," Sai explained.  "It's too far to reach in a single leap. We'll need time to weave signs and repel the enemy's attacks. Without your chakra, Naruto, we could suffer heavy casualties and the medical core can't come here".

The four of us smirked at each other before biting our thumb, weaving familiar hand signs and placing our hand on the ground. The smoke cleared to reveal Gamabunta, Lady Katsuyu, and two giant snakes.