Orochimaru's Hideout

I waited until Itachi and Kisame left on their mission before leaving. Time was running out, which meant I had to act soon.

I made my journey to my destination. I wasn't too keen on seeing him again, but I was growing desperate. I know I promised I would help with Itachi's plan, but I meant it when said I wasn't planning on letting him leave me so easily.

After what seemed like forever, I had finally made it to my destination. As I stood outside the hideout, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I weighed my options. Knowing that I couldn't turn back, I opened my eyes and walked inside.

I quietly walked through the long, winding hallway trying to find the room he was in when I felt something cold against my neck. I glanced down and saw it was a kunai. I smiled and placed my hands up, showing I had no intention of fighting back.

The two ninja tied my hands together and led me down the hallway, my only struggling toward my discomfort. Eventually, they opened a door and threw me on the ground. "Lord Orochimaru, this woman was caught sneaking around," one of the ninja said.

I looked up and came face-to-face with three familiar men. "Hi, dad". I froze seeing Sasuke there as well. He seemed to have the same reaction as me and we locked eyes for a moment before I tore my eyes away and looked at my father.

The two ninja took their leave and I was left alone with my father, Kabuto and Sasuke. "I was under the impression we wouldn't have to worry about you anytime soon," my father said once we were alone.

I placed my hands down and got up, showing that I had already escaped from the ropes. "If I was after a fight, you'd know by now," I replied.

"Then what are you after?" Kabuto asked suspiciously.

"I came to talk. Privately". I gave Sasuke a knowing look. "Just the three of us".

"I'm gonna go train," Sasuke said, getting up and walking out the door. We locked eyes again as he walked past before I focused my attention on the two men in front of me.

"I need your help," I said once I heard the door close. They looked shocked to hear those words coming out of my mouth. "I need your help finding a cure for a certain illness".

"It's almost that time, isn't it?" my father speculated. I nodded sadly. I wasn't surprised my father knew about Itachi's illness.

"I've already tried everything I could think of, but I just can't seem to find a permanent cure," I told them. "I need your help". I looked at Kabuto. "As a superior medical ninja". I turned to look at my father. "And as someone who knows his way around a lab".

"What do we get out of this?" my father asked.

I had a feeling he'd want something in return. "If you can help me with this, I promise I will try and forget about my revenge," I offered.

He stood up and walked closer to me. "Tempting, but no". I tilted my head in confusion. "In fact, I suspect you haven't been after revenge for a long time". He brushed a piece of hair out of my face as he said that.

I moved away from his hand. "Don't get the wrong idea, I still hate you. If you don't want me to forgive you, then what is it you want?"

"It's not me I want you to forgive, it's Sasuke".

I looked at him suspiciously. "Why do you care about that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Sasuke has been a lot grumpier and more difficult to handle since your little spat, and no one likes a grumpy Sasuke". I chuckled. I knew exactly how that felt.

"I can try".

"Very well, but you'll need to stay here for a few days. Does Itachi know you're here?"