Return of the Kazekage

I walked up to them until I was right in front of Sakura. I knelt down in front of her and placed a scroll in front of me. I did a hand sign and two binders appeared on the scroll: one with the Akatsuki logo on it and the other with the Uchiha crest. Without a word, I picked up the one with the Uchiha crest and handed it to Sakura. "This is all the information I've managed to gather about Sasuke over the past two and a half years: rumours, encounters, journal entries, stuff like that. I suggest you look through it before you come to Tenchi Bridge. I was supposed to go with Sasori, but it looks like I'll be going alone. So I guess I'll be seeing you there. I'll be there earlier so you can relay your plan to me so there are no surprises".

"Do you know who his spy is?" Sakura asked me.

I shook my head. "No, he never told me. I'm supposed to find out in ten days". Suddenly we heard an explosion. "You should go and help your friends. Deidara is a formidable opponent and has no impulse control. He'd blow up the entire planet if it meant defeating one person".

I turned around to walk away when she called out to me. "You're not going to at least try and kill us?"

I turned back around. "Why would I give you that binder if I were just planning to kill you? Besides, I still need you. After all, you could be just what I need to bring Sasuke to his senses. Now seriously, go".

"What about you?"

"Someone needs to clean up this mess you made". We heard another explosion. "Go".

I watched as they disappeared before I let out a relieved sigh. I quickly turned around. "Now to find that ring..." I muttered as I started inspecting the puppets.

I was still going through the puppets when Tobi, Madara's alter ego, and Zetsu showed up. "Have you found it?" Zetsu asked me.

"If I had, I wouldn't still be here, would I?" I replied sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. I didn't even try to hide the disdain in my voice.

"Maybe now I can become a member of the Akatsuki now," Tobi said in his ridiculous voice. I stiffened for a moment before I went back to searching. It wasn't long before I found the ring on the thumb of a detached arm. I threw it to him which he caught. I proceeded to walk out when he called out to me in his normal voice. "Where do you think you're going?"

I stopped walking but didn't turn around. "To prepare for my next lead," I half-lied before teleporting away. I did need to prepare for my trip to the Hidden Grass, but there was something I needed to do first. I had to see the damage for myself.

It didn't take me long to find the Leaf ninja, Lady Chiyo and Gaara in an open field. I stood on a tree branch at the edge of the field as a tear trickled down my face. He was my friend, and I killed him. Words couldn't describe the extreme guilt I felt.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar presence behind me. I didn't turn around, didn't need to. I knew who it was. I felt him place his hands on my waist, but I still didn't move.

We watched together as Lady Chiyo used Medical Ninjutsu of some sort on Gaara despite him already being dead. Suddenly, he sat up as though none of the past three days had happened. Then Lady Chiyo collapsed. Thanks to my snake eyes, I was able to see that Lady Chiyo was dead. She must have transferred her life force to Gaara.

A small smile appeared on my face. I placed my hand over my heart as I let out a relieved sigh and leaned into the touch of my loving husband. The two of us left before anyone could spot us, or so we thought.

3rd person P.O.V

Gaara had woken up to a crowd of people surrounding him. As he looked around, his eyes were drawn to a tree where he thought he saw the woman he once called 'friend', with her Akatsuki robe and long black hair swaying in the wind (A/N: Normally, I'd let you decide on the features, but a common trait of the Uchiha clan are their black hair and black eyes). However, he blinked and she was gone.

He looked up at his siblings to see them looking down at him with the same confused looks he had on his face. That's when he knew that they had seen her too and he wasn't crazy, hallucinating the woman he most wanted to see. Which proved that there might just be some good in her after all.