Lost Bonds

Once that was over, Madara jumped down to Danzo's body and turned to us. "I'm taking his eye. Sasuke, don't be so hasty. Go back to the hideout and rest. You overused your visual prowess, eventually you won't be able to keep it up. Your eyes are losing their light. What can you do by yourself in the Hidden Leaf anyway? Remember, patience is necessary to reach one's goal". Then he portaled Danzo's body away. I smirked, knowing he was too late. Before he left, he added one last thing to Sasuke. "I'm going to give you one piece of advice. That woman, if you don't need her, make sure you finish her off. She knows too much about us". Then he left.

Sasuke walked over to Karin and activated his Chidori, preparing to end her life. As he started to strike, I rushed in between them and held my arms out, protecting her, and his hand stopped just inches away from my face. I maintained eye contact as I told him, "If you want to kill her, you're going to have to go through me".

He hesitated for a moment before he narrowed his eyes. "So be it". Then he brought his hand down. I shut my eyes, preparing myself for a blow that never came.

Before he could reach me, we heard a voice and my eyes flung open. "No, Sasuke!" We turned to the other side of the bridge and saw Sakura standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, worried.

Ignoring me, she jumped over to us and started walking towards Sasuke. "Look, Sasuke, I'm here because I deserted the Hidden Leaf. I'm coming with you!"

My eyes widened. 'That's not true, it can't be! Sakura wouldn't just abandon the Hidden Leaf'.

"Ever since you left the Hidden Leaf Village, I just keep finding myself regretting not going with you! I'll do anything that you want me to, I'm tired of regrets!"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "Do you know what I really want? To destroy the Leaf. That is what I want. Do you think you can do that? Betray the Hidden Leaf village for me?"

After a moment of hesitation, she nodded. "Yes, I would, if you asked me to".

"Alright, then why don't you prove it to me?" He pointed to me and Karin. "I want you to kill them, both of them".

My eyes widened in shock. "Sasuke..." I couldn't believe it. After everything we'd been through together, he'd just have me killed, just like that, as though I meant nothing to him.

I turned to Sakura, awaiting her answer. After another moment of hesitation, she nodded and stepped forward. She pulled out her kunai and started walking towards me.

She was only a few steps from me when suddenly, tears started streaming down her face. She screamed as she dropped her kunai and fell to her knees.

I looked over at Sasuke in confusion to see he had his Sharingan activated and he was staring straight at her. 'He put her under Genjutsu'.

Before I could save her, I heard Kakashi Sensei call out Sakura's name. I looked over to the other side of the bridge to see him standing there. "It's just a Genjutsu!" He tried to inform her, but the words seemed lost on her.

Taking that as my cue, I crawled over to Sakura. I placed my finger on her forehead and yelled "Release!" She blinked, indicating she was free. I moved next to her and started rubbing her back with my hand in an effort to soothe her. "It's all right, it was just a Genjutsu". I looked at her in curiosity. "What did you see?"

She turned to me; her eyes still filled with tears. "I killed you, just like Sasuke wanted". I gave her a hug then helped her up while glaring at Sasuke. (A/N: This scene was actually suggested to me by my best friend TaelaRayne )