The Assassin of the Mist

Suddenly, a giant blade flew through the sky, heading straight for Tazuna. We all ducked just in time. The blade sliced onto a tree and a big ninja wearing the Hidden Mist headband landed on the handle.

Kakashi Sensei said him to be Zabuza Momochi, a rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist.

Kakashi Sensei got ready to fight. He took off his mask and lifted his headband to reveal a Sharingan, the Uchiha Kekkei Genkai.

My eyes widened. I thought that only members of the Uchiha Clan could possess the Sharingan. I wanted the Sharingan, but as a half-Uchiha, I wasn't sure if I'd inherit my mother's eyes. I already possessed my father's, not that I ever used it.

I looked at Sasuke and I could tell he was thinking the same thing. After explaining to Naruto and Sakura what the Sharingan was, we all got ready for a fight. The four of us got into the Manji Formation and surrounded Tazuna to protect him. However, we did not expect Zabuza to appear in between us and Tazuna, disarming us quickly. As Zabuza was about to attack us, Kakashi Sensei jumped in to defend us.

We watched as the two Jounin fought. Eventually, Kakashi Sensei ended up trapped in a water cage of Zabuza's doing. The latter then went after us, forcing us to defend against his strong attacks. Naruto told Sasuke that he had a plan and the two of them went to work, forcing Sakura and me to stand back and watch. I hated myself for not being able to help, but I knew that I'd just get in the way.

Naruto threw a Demon Wind Shuriken towards Sasuke, who caught it with one hand. Sasuke used the Shadow Shuriken Technique and threw two shuriken at Zabuza, who managed to catch one but dodged the other at the last minute. The shuriken then transformed into Naruto, who then threw a kunai at Zabuza, forcing him to undo his water cage Jutsu and free Kakashi Sensei.

Kakashi Sensei started attacking Zabuza with water techniques that he copied with his Sharingan, overpowering Zabuza and defeating him. Kakashi Sensei was about to kill Zabuza when two needles flew through the sky and landed in Zabuza's neck, immobilizing him. We looked in the direction they came from and saw a ninja wearing a mask. Kakashi Sensei explained that it was a tracker ninja and that they specialised in hunting down rogue ninja and disposing of them. He took Zabuza away and disappeared.

Right after, Kakashi Sensei collapsed. As I rushed over to him, I looked up and saw a crow sitting in the trees. I looked back down and examined him. "(Y/N), what's wrong with him?" Sakura asked me.

"From what I can tell, he's just exhausted," I replied, still examining him. "The thing about the Sharingan is that it takes up a lot of your chakra if you're not careful. He just needs to rest". I turned to Tazuna. "Is there anywhere he can go to rest?"

"Yes, my house," he replied.

I turned to my team. "Do you think we can carry him over there?" They all nodded. "Then let's go". Then we made our way to Tazuna's house, doing our best to carry him there.

When we got there, we laid him down in one of the rooms. After a while, he started to wake up. As I was examining him, he started talking about the battle. He thought it strange that the tracker ninja took Zabuza away before killing him because apparently tracker ninja killed their prey on the spot to avoid any messes. Kakashi Sensei came to the conclusion that Zabuza might still be alive, so Naruto convinced him to train us in the meantime.