Chapter 97 - Don't Worry, I Have Money

Back for another one.

===

Inside the most renowned jewelry store inside one of the most renowned and exclusive malls in the country, a group of three people was making a commotion among the other customers and the staff. They look rather suspicious with the way they were dressed. Although they seemed to wear expensive clothing with the two women wearing glamorous dresses and the man wearing a black suit, their faces were covered. The three were wearing face masks and sunglasses. For the two ladies, they were wearing absurdly large fedoras. Definitely suspicious!

Although this was the case, knowing that they were able to enter the mall without the security stopping them meant that they were wealthy members who were allowed to come inside.

As for the group of people in question, they have decided earlier to hide their identities from the public to prevent gossip from these people. According to Can's mom, this was quite important since Can was now with Tin. With the entire world paying attention to them, it was important to keep a good image. If they were seen in the jewelry store taste testing and buying a huge amount of pieces of jewelry and precious gemstones, what would the public say? Since eating this kind of stuff was only exclusive to Can's family, how would they explain it to the public? They would just be made fun of! They could not afford to ruin Tin's image!

So, before they entered the jewelry store, they quickly changed to their most expensive attire, at the same time, covered their faces. Although they could have chosen to change their appearance with magic, they would get in trouble as there were security measures against people who were using disguise spells.

Although the intention was to blend in and not to make a scene in public, the opposite happened. The three were not even aware of this fact.

"Do you have aquamarine gemstones?" Can said in a muffled tone.

The staff member, although suspicious, kept his polite and friendly attitude towards Can. "Yes, we do. What kind of jewelry does our dear guest want?"

"Just gemstones. Do you have them?" he continued.

The staff member frowned slightly as he did not understand why Can would only want a piece of stone as the place they entered only sell pieces of jewelry.

Sensing that he was being judged because the staff probably thought he did not have money, Can reassured him as he waved his husband's black card with confidence, "I have money. It's not a problem."

The staff member's mouth twitched. That's not what I meant!

Still, the staff member had become much less vigilant knowing that the guests have money to pay.

"I understand. I would talk to my manager about this. Please give me a moment," the male staff member said as he bowed slightly and left to get the manager.

Ley stood next to Can and whispered, "Our cover seemed to be working. Everyone's minding their own business. I think it would be better to act rich too, so we blend better."

She said this while everyone in the store was side-eyeing them as they tried to figure out these people's identities.

The three nodded at one another.

Now, that they were filthy rich thanks to Tin, they should try to act like him. Well, Can did have the money saved from the auction event, but Tin said to keep it and so he did.

Soon, the staff member returned with the manager who seemed to be rather more judgemental than the others. His actions of scrutiny towards the three were certainly more obvious.