Chapter 24 - Granddaughter-in-Law?

(unedited)

As soon as Can recognized Tin's grandfather, he performed a wai. He slightly bowed as both of his palms were pressed together in a prayer-like fashion. His demeanor changed instantly into a respectful tone.

Tin's grandfather slightly raised his eyebrows as his curious gaze focused on the kid. He put his palms together to wai back.

(A/N: I'm not familiar with Thai culture but I did a quick research on it so I included 'wai' greeting in the story

(A/N: I'm not familiar with Thai culture but I did a quick research on it so I included 'wai' greeting in the story.)

"Who might you be little one?" Grandfather Phiravich asked as he slowly stroke his beard.

"I-I'm Can Rathavit. I'm Tin's friend. I was just trying to go to the bathroom but got lost...," Can scratched his head from the embarrassment that he felt.

"Tin's friend?" Grandfather Phiravich said with satisfaction as he slightly smiled.

"You probably already know who I am?" the old man asked.

"Yes, you're Tin's grandfather," Can answered without hesitation as he nodded enthusiastically.

The moment the old man heard 'Tin' once more, he felt a sense of guilt, regret, and hope. He felt guilty about not being with his grandson more when he was still alive. If he knew he was going to die at that time, he should have spent more time with Tin.

Looking at Can, his grandson has most likely turned into an adult already! He is probably a remarkable and more handsome person now. The old man is confident that Tin is a good-looking and a talented elementalist because naturally, these traits run in their blood. Thinking about these things about his grandson made the old man quite happy and proud. He just wished he was alive to see Tin's progress from childhood to adulthood.

Now that he had the opportunity to be awakened, he wants to see his family once more. He was curious about what happened to his troublemaking son and grandson after he died.

While reminiscing about his family, grandfather Phiravich realized the illuminating blue flower that Can was holding. It must be the reason why he was able to awaken.

After he died, his soul was placed inside a special necklace by his son. This necklace where he was in was put inside the picture frame of his family.

Even though he has no physical body anymore, grandfather Phiravich can still be considered alive. The only possible thing that he could do is communicate in a ghost form just like right now with Can. Doing this requires a high volume of spiritual energy around him. It was a good thing that Can held the Celestial flower which has an abundance of spiritual energy.

Speaking of the Celestial flower, he wondered why Can is holding one of the rarest treasures that his family possesses. For him to be holding such treasure meant that someone from his family gave it to him or he stole it deliberately. If a family member were to give this to him, then that means that Can holds great importance to that person. If that is the case, then he would not make a move against Can. If he stole the Celestial flower, then he would not be able to leave this place unscathed. Even if he could only communicate, he could alert someone in the mansion and make an action towards Can.