Chapter 20 - Unlikely Hero

(unedited)

"PFFFT! PUHAHAHA," Pannin laughed hysterically after seeing that Can only summoned a slime beast that does not even fight! This is just too good! Her luck is really good! She did not expect that her opponent would make such a grave mistake at this very moment.

 Everyone in the audience thought that Can made a huge mistake at summoning this kind of beast. Gucci is a collector type of beast which means that his main function is to mostly collect various items or materials of different rarities. This kind of beast does not have the capability to fight or defend itself from harm. So when Can summoned Gucci, everyone considered it as a bad move.

The little beast summoner knew what everyone was thinking. He also knew that he made a mistake when he summoned Gucci. It was not his intention to summon him to begin with, so when he saw his contracted red jelly-like beast appear, his face paled. He could only use Emergency Summoning once a day. If he tried to summon another beast, it would take him some time to do so. He does not think that Pannin would allow him to summon.

Gucci, on the other hand, was immediately mesmerized by the place that he was in after he appeared in front of his master. A lot of people were staring at him with a questioning and unbelievable gaze. Suddenly getting a little embarrassed and excited from the attention that he was getting, he turned around to look at his master. When he saw that Can looked beaten up and has this surprised look on his face, he realized the reason why he was summoned. He turned around once more and saw the situation on the battlefield. One of his master's contracted beast, Valkyrie Randgris, was fighting three opponents. By the looks of it, she was about to lose. Gucci then faced his master's opponent on the opposite side of the stage who was laughing about something. What is so funny?

Since Can summoned Gucci in such a crucial moment, it made the red gelatinous beast feel that he was quite important. Of course, this is a huge thing for Gucci. For him, a beast who does not have skills to fight or defend, to be given the task to help defend his master is not simple. It made him feel that his master trust his abilities to save him from his opponent. Now, he is fired up to help him!

Gucci started thinking of different ways to help his master. Should he bite her? He does not have teeth though. Should he kick her? He looked down and checked his body. He does not have legs. Should he punch her? He immediately realized he does not have hands. He is basically a moving soft jelly that has mouth and eyes! Such a simple-minded beast indeed!

Gucci then thought about the items he collected in his little backpack. This backpack that was bought by Can was not ordinary. Although, it looks small, it can contain a lot of items. It is like the special pouches that Tin bought for Can but way less expensive. Gucci removed the backpack from himself and opened it. Searching for items to throw at the opponent as he makes humming sounds like there was no serious battle going on, he found an item he recently received from a new friend when he was collecting magical herbs in his dimension. This item is a small square-shaped wooden talisman that has unknown carvings on it. Although it looked simple, it has a dark aura surrounding it. Gucci's new friend told him that if he was in any kind of trouble, he just needed to break this wooden talisman and he will arrive to help.

 Gucci's new friend told him that if he was in any kind of trouble, he just needed to break this wooden talisman and he will arrive to help