Chapter 43 - Orders

"Will you stop fidgeting?" Yoongi asked. "Even in a human body, you still don't listen."

"At least she's willing to cooperate this time," Hoseok chimed in.

"Willingness to cooperate and the ability to listen are two different things."

You smiled and reached out to pinch Yoongi's cheek. "I've missed you too, Yoongi."

He cringed and took a step back, shaking off your hand.

"You didn't even remember who I was," he said, "let alone miss me."

You could swear that there was a slight pout in his usually stoic face.

"Yes..." you replied. "But now that I remember you, I've realized that I've missed you quite a lot."

"Enough of your flattery," he said flatly, looking away and scratching the back of his ear. "Let's put that evil mind of yours to good use."

"I'm not sure how you want me to help," you admitted. "I can't approach the demon either."

"True," Yoongi agreed. "But you can protect the humans."

You put a hand on your hip, shifting to one side. "Hold on... you want me to protect the same group of people who kidnapped me?"

Yoongi nodded. "I want you to protect the humans. The creatures you once destroyed."

He wasn't trying to scold you, but you still felt his conviction.

"Besides," he added. "You didn't have any problems protecting the captain or the first mate. Now it's time to protect the rest of the crew."

"Jungkook and Jimin are different," you said, folding your arms across your chest.

He sighed. "You're still playing favorites, I see. I thought you'd be broken of that by now."

"Ah, but that favoritism saved the captain in the end," Hoseok added.

"And sent another to the arms of a demon," Yoongi returned. "Taehyung, come forward."

Taehyung bowed his head and stepped towards the three of you

Taehyung bowed his head and stepped towards the three of you. He had been completely silent this entire time, not a single emotion on his face clear enough to read.

"You and Y/N will both assist the pirates," Yoongi commanded. "Be careful not to let the demon see you."

Taehyung nodded solemnly. There was no doubt in your mind that he had no desire to help the crew, but he seemed prepared to do as he was told.

"I wish I had my wings to help better..." you said absentmindedly.

Hoseok smiled. "You don't need them, Y/N. You don't need what others have in order to do what you're meant to do."

You gave him a warm smile back, happy to see him again the way you were meant to.

"Enough Zen nonsense," Yoongi said. "We have business to take care of. Taehyung, Y/N. Get moving."