Chapter 24 - Suggestions

You traveled for three more days, nearly at the source of the red light. Everyone on the ship was on edge, including you. You didn't know why, but you felt something in you vibrating. The tremors in your spirit seemed to increase the closer you go to the Eros. 

When night had fallen, you came up to the deck, looking out at the red star that was nearly touching the ship. You would reach it within the next day, according to Jungkook. You weren't sure how you felt about it. What would you find when you reached it? And how could everything go back to normal once you had it? The spiritual world had come alive again. Wouldn't that mean that humanity would be judged?

...What would happen when they came to judge you?

"You're here."

You turned to the sound of Jimin's voice, met by his warm smile. He seemed hesitant while coming forward to meet you, even though you knew he was glad for your company.

"Can't sleep?" he asked.

You nodded. "You too?"

He nodded, pointing to the star. "I didn't think we'd really make it. But now that we have... I feel incredibly unprepared for it."

He stood next to you by the rail. His fingers twitched as he leaned against it, looking up at the star.

"How difficult can it be?" you asked. "Is there more to it than stealing a rock and leaving?"

"The Eros is the cornerstone of the spiritual world," he said. "I hardly doubt it's sitting on a bed of flowers, unprotected."

You nodded solemnly. "It's a good thing you taught me how to fight then."

He chuckled. "Are you ready for it?"

"I don't have much choice in the matter. But whatever you decide, I trust you."

He looked you over for a moment.

"And what will you do once we find the Eros and go home?" he asked.

You shrugged. "We might die in the process and then I won't have to worry about it."

"I'm serious."

"As am I."

Silence took over for a moment. He reached out and took your hand in his, his touch warm and inviting. Chills ran up your arm as he turned to face you, his eyes determined.

"You know I'll protect you," he said. "Whatever happens on the other side of that star, I won't leave you."

You gave him a warm smile. "I have no doubts."

He chewed on his bottom lip, seeming to build up the courage to say something else. You waited.

"The question is," he finally said, "do you want to leave us?"

You could feel yourself shrinking back. "What do you mean?"

"You said you loved the sea. And sailing. That you hadn't tired of it. Is that still true?"

"Well... yes, it is, but --"

"Is it safe to assume that you haven't grown sick of us yet either? I mean, despite the circumstances?"

"You mean, despite the fact that I was kidnapped?" You gave an ironic smile. "To be honest, this is the most comfortable I've felt since my mother passed."

He stepped in closer, still holding your hand in his. His eyes searched yours, and you could only look back, entranced by their glow in the moonlight.

"I want you to stay with us, Y/N," he whispered. He swallowed. "With me."

Your lips parted in surprise, no sound coming from them even though you tried.