Chapter 19 - Reunited

Seokjin gave a lopsided grin as his eyes met yours. You reached up and fixed your hair, annoyed that he was seeing you in such a disheveled state.

"Ah, I remember you," Jungkook said, waving his knife haphazardly in Seokjin's face. "You're the boyfriend, right? Did you come for your future bride?"

You could tell Seokjin was laughing even though there was no sound coming from his parted lips. He looked up at Jungkook with amusement.

"What are you going to do if I am?" Seokjin replied.

There was a flutter in your chest, even though you knew the truth already. Seokjin had no interest in you. He was more interested in playing with Jungkook's head.

You appreciated the idea, but maybe at another time.

Jungkook turned back towards you, wetting his lips and holding his dagger tight. He was smiling, but there was a hollowness in his eyes.

"The fool must truly love you, Princess, to come all this way," Jungkook said. "It would be a shame if I had to cut his heart out."

With bare, wet feet you padded across the deck to approach the captain. "Jungkook, please --"

"Give me a reason not to kill him."

Jungkook waited, his eyes drilling a hole through you. He probably expected some disgusting romantic line, like that you loved Seokjin and couldn't live without him... but the truth was you were terrified of Seokjin. He stared at you like a demon; no compassion or affection of any sort.

And you definitely weren't going to say, because he's my future stepson. You'd rather get your throat cut then live with that type of embarrassment.

"You want the Eros, don't you?" you asked Jungkook. "Think of him as insurance. With him as your prisoner, you can command me to do whatever you wish."

Jungkook looked at you as if you had eaten bugs in front of him. The confusion on his face morphed into pleasant disbelief, a laugh escaping his lips with the roll of his eyes

"You shouldn't give me those kinds of ideas, Princess," he said, stepping in closer. "You have no idea what I'll ask you to do."

He leaned down, his eyes scanning your body for a quick moment before he straightened and cleared his throat

He leaned down, his eyes scanning your body for a quick moment before he straightened and cleared his throat. You puffed out some air, frowning at Seokjin for the situation he had now put you in.

"Very well," Jungkook said. "Take them to the brig. We'll decide what to do with them later."

Jungkook didn't look at you as he walked away. You could feel a sharpness in his aura, as if he was wearing a wall of daggers to keep anyone from coming close. As he walked off, you glanced at Jimin, whose eyes had gone dark and heavy. He glanced between you and Seokjin, taking in a breath before stepping forward and ordering the men to continue their command.