Chapter 27 - Judgement

"Tie them up, please," Taehyung sang with a smile.

He turned towards you, the noonday sun catching the glimmer in his eye. At the sight of Jimin and Jungkook being forced to their knees and ropes binding their wrists, you ran to Taehyung, grabbing his sleeve.

"Taehyung, wait! Why are you doing this?" you asked.

He gently took your hand as his lips pursed together.

"I'm sorry, dove," he said with sincerity. "I know how much you like the captain and first mate, but the closer we get the Eros, the stronger your spell on them becomes."

"Spell?" Jimin asked, wincing as they tied his hands behind his back. "What spell?"

He glared hard into your eyes. So hard that you had to look away.

"There is something about you, isn't there?" Jimin asked you. "I felt it the night we reunited the spiritual and physical realms. There's something different about you. Something powerful."

You didn't answer, your eyes still on the ground.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked, struggling against his captors harder than Jimin. "She stayed in my room for months. She's a pain in the ass, but she's nothing compared to those sirens we saw."

You saw something snap in Jimin's eyes.

"That's it," Jimin said. "That's it, isn't it?"

His voice was so powerful that you cowered. Taehyung stepped in and put an arm around your shoulder, pulling you close and pointing his dagger at Jimin.

"Easy, dear first mate," Taehyung sang. "You're not cooperating."

Jimin blinked hard, shaking his head. Taehyung sighed.

"Why do you resist more than the others?" Taehyung muttered to himself.

"You knew about this, Taehyung?" Jimin asked. "You knew she was a siren and said nothing? Was this part of your plan? To use the siren to subdue us so you could take over the ship?"

Taehyung gave a twisted smile. "No. My plans for mutiny came long before her. I simply said nothing because I protect my own."

Jimin's eyes flicked between you and Taehyung then narrowed.

"You're both sirens," Jimin said quietly, almost to himself. "You've been manipulating our thoughts and emotions this whole time. You planned it from the beginning."

"No!" you yelled, coming forward to meet Jimin. You crouched in front of him, raising his face to meet yours. "I didn't plan this at all! I know barely anything about it! Please believe me. You should know better than anyone what it's like to have a power you don't understand."

His eyes searched yours with no affection in them.