Chapter 5 - First Job

"Don't get any ideas," Jungkook said, arms crossed.

You weren't sure who he was actually talking to until the cook replied.

"And what ideas would I get?" Taehyung asked, his red hair swirling around his face like a hurricane. "I have to say, I have many ideas, and you'll need to tell me what category not to have ideas in. I have many ideas regarding poetry and soliloquy, introspective and morality, the weather and sea. Or perhaps you'd like me to avoid thoughts about purpose and truths —"

"Everything," Jungkook sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Please just don't have any thoughts."

"What an insane way to live!" Taehyung cried with a shout, clutching his hand to his heart and sinking against the wooden kitchen counter.

"The irony of you speaking about insanity..." Jungkook muttered under his breath. He parted his lips without interest and turned back to you. "You're his problem now. Or he's your problem. One of the two."

He turned to go up the stairs. You pulled him back by his sleeve.

"You can't leave me here with him!" you said.

He looked down at your hand and smirked, seduction glittering behind his eyelashes. "Would you rather come with me?"

You swallowed with disgust and detached yourself from his sleeve. He bounced an eyebrow at you and went up the stairs, leaving you alone with the colorfully-clothed man sobbing over his counter of dry bread.

You raised an eyebrow at him.

"He's gone," you muttered.

Taehyung instantly straightened, putting on a dashing smile and wrapping one arm around his waist to rest his opposite elbow on

"So observant," he said cooly.

You smirked. "Trying to mess with the Captain's head?"

"Messing with the captain's mind is one of my simple pleasures," Taehyung replied, "along with sunsets on the sea, a glass of rum with an intimate partner, or a dark song full of regret."