Chapter 16: Alone

I sat in the car with rick, michonne, daryl and a new guy name oscar.

"Pull over." Michonne says making rick pull over. We all got out the car and looked around.

"They have patrols. We're better on foot." Michonne says as I put on all my gear.

"How far? Nights coming." Rick says as I stand next to him.

"It's a mile, maybe two." He nods and I watch as a walker comes to view. It was only one and it's slow. I start to walk only for rick to grab the back of my shirt.

"You wanted to come. Stay in the car." My eyes widened.

"Stay in the car?!" I say as michonne rolls her eyes.

"We need someone to make sure no one steals the car. Or if we need a quick get away. You." My blood started to boiled.

"You wanted to come. We'll be back. Don't talk back." He says pointing at me as they walk into the woods.

"You're an asshole rick!" I yell flicking him off. I heard him and daryl snicker as they walked away.

"Agh!" I say kicking a rock. The walker had gotten closer now. I sighed and stabbed it in the head.

"Stay at the car. Don't want anyone to steal it." I say mocking rick.

"Yeah right. Who the hells gonna steal a car during the end of the world? A walker?" I say motioning to the now dead walker on the ground.

"AGH!" I say kicking the car. That became a bad idea very quickly.

"FUCK!" I say grabbing my foot.

"Very bad idea."

Once my foot had stopped hurting I climbed on top of the car with my bow in hand. I munched on a granola bar as I watched the woods. Being on a road at night wasn't a uncommon thing for me, being on the run you stayed wherever you could. That even meant walking for hours during the night.

I hummed a song as I sat bored, i'm gonna punch rick in the nose next time I see him. The time stayed stagnant as I stared at the sky. The sky became something I love, it always so bright and calming. The only good thing that came out of this new world. I slowly stopped humming and sat in silence.

"How are you even alive right now?" I ask myself. 

"Everything that has happened. You're one of the last men standing." I giggled at myself.

"It's so stupid." The silence came back, i hated the silence when I was alone. My brain wondered to what rick and them were doing. I hope maggie and glenn are ok. I really miss them. I sighed and sat up.

"Might as well look around." I say jumping down from the car.

"Let's find something to do."

I walked to the cars down the road and looked inside. A couple of waters, a little food and some blankets. Not bad for bored scavenging. I headed back and dumped everything in the car and got in. I laid in the back seat and made sure the doors where locked.

"I'll wake up when they get here." I get as comfortable as I can and try to fall asleep.

I woke up to a walker banging on the window, the sun was just now rising and it was still kind of dark. I sighed and got out on the other side. I walked around and stabbed the walker dead in the face.

"Boom! Get killed. No one wakes me up." I say kicking the walker.

"Asshole." I giggled at myself and lended against the car. My attention was caught by some talking coming from the wood. I quickly hid behind the car and held my bow at ready.