Chapter 36: A safe place

Abby woke up to carl's soft snores behind her. His arms wrapped around her protectively as willow cuddled in abbys arms. Abby didn't feel like moving as she was very comfortable.

"Abby, you awake?" Rick asked her right as she closed her eyes again.

"Now I am." Abby says slowly pulling out of carl's arms. Willow adjusted and cuddled up into carl who wraps his arms around her. Abby smiled before walking over to rick who sat with judith.

"Let me look at your back." He says putting judith down.

Abby sighed and lifted up her shirt. She had gotten to a point where she didn't care since half the group had seen her topless. She knew no one was looking at her in that way. Rick unwrapped the bandages and got new ones.

He stared at her injuries carefully, they were almost healed which was good. He put the last of the cream on her back before wrapping it up again. Once he was done abby pulled her shirt back done and leaned up against the wall. Only minutes later everyone was awake.

"Everyone, this is Aaron." Maggie says walking into the barn.

Abbys head turned around to see a man who looked very clean. Everyone pulled out their weapons and aimed them at Aaron. Abby pulled willow back and grabbed judith. She stayed behind the wall hiding the two.

"We met him outside hes by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear." Maggie says as daryl looks outside before closing the door. He then started patting Aaron down.

"Hi." Aaron says just as judith started acting up. Abby shushed her and stood up. Her eyes never left aaron.

"It's nice to meet you." Aaron says holding out his hand making everyone else jump slightly.

"You said he had a weapon." Rick asked maggie still staring at aaron.

Abby was able to quickly calm down judith as willow stood up holding her gun. Maggie walked over and handed him a revolver. Rick checked it before putting it in the back of his jeans.

"There something you need?" Rick ask aaron.

"He has a camp nearby, he wants us to audition for membership." Sasha says making abbys eyes widened.

"I wish there was another word audition makes us sound like some kind of dance troupe. That's only on friday nights." He says with a small chuckle. No one said anything to him.

"And it's not a camp, it's a community. I think you all would be valuable additions but it's not my call." Aaron says as abby looked at carl a little confused. Carl just shrugged his shoulders slightly.

"My job is to convince you all to follow me back home. I know, if I were you I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha can you hand rick my pack?" Aaron asked motioning to the bag. Abby watched carefully as sasha brought rick aaron's bag.

"Front pocket there's an envelope. Theres no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community that's why I brought those. Know I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found a old camera-."He says as rick opens us his bag and grabs the envelope. Abby looks over his shoulder to look at the pictures too.

"No one gives a shit." Daryl says interrupting aaron.

"You're absolutely hundred percent right. That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe." Abbys eyes widened at the huge walls shown in the picture.

"If you join us you will be, each panel in that wall is a fifth teen foot high and twelve foot wide slab of solid steel Framed by cold rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say so." Aaron says as rick stands up.