Chapter 10: All Alone

The next morning a funeral was held for dale. Abby just stood with daryl her arms wrapped around his. She was the only person daryl had gotten close too. He knew she wasn't fully ready for this world but she was ready to learn. She reminded him of his cousin in many ways.

Abby tried not to zone out during the funeral. The thought of dale laying on the ground cut open was burned in her brain. She didn't get any sleep from the night before as the image wouldn't leave. When she did fall asleep she'd be woken up by a terrible dream. It was her being tore apart by walkers.

Dark circles hugged her blood shot eyes. She looked ruff. She had on a dress with thick tights. She also had her boots on. The cold weather didn't help, made her feel worse than she already did.

After the funeral everyone got ready to move inside the house. She was gonna be sharing her room with Beth and Maggie. Beth was gonna sleep on the cot they had abbys closet when her friends came over.

Abby was glad since she didn't wanna be alone at night anymore. She changed out of her dress and into more comfortable clothes. She held her sweatshirt daryl gave her in comfort. She slipped it on over some leggings.

She decided on different shoes today as she always wears her boots. They were tie up black boots that came all the way up to the top of her knee. They were more comfortable and gave her more warmth.

Abby walked outside and helped everyone get everything inside. Maggie had changed her mind and decided glenn was gonna stay in her room. That left beth and abby in the same room. She wished that maggie would be there but she knew she'd rather be with glenn.

All she wanted right now was to not be alone. To be with people she loved who loved her back. Carl was gonna be in the master bedroom next to her. She was happy about that. She loved hanging with carl. He was different but she liked different.

He was immature sometimes but other than that he was fun to be around. She liked having someone her age to be around. All her friends where dead and her family and the group was all she had left. She had to protect that, just like lori said.

"Here let me grab that." She says grabbing some stuff from lori.

"Thank you sweetie." Lori says to her. She nods before heading back inside.

The day flew by faster than ever and she found herself sitting with carl in the master bedroom.

"Come on, i'm gonna beat you." She says looking at the chess game. He was looking out the window with the binoculars for the hundredth time.

"I don't know why you like chess so much." Carl says as he walks back over. He makes his move again before heading back to the window.

"I don't know why either. It's just interesting." She says looking at the bored.

"Well there's other interesting games to play. We play chess and cards almost everyday." Carl says making abby let out a laugh.

"Because it last long." She says making her move again.

"Your turn." She tells him. He walks back over and stares at the bored.

"There." He says before continuing to stare at the window.

"You're no fun." She says making another move. He just lets out a small laugh at the girl.

Carl soon left abby to go outside. She decided to follow after but head to her tree house. She'd convinced maggie to let her sleep in the treehouse tonight for fun.

Maggie didn't mind her being in the treehouse, up there she was safe from walkers. So she had everything she'd need to have a classic treehouse sleepover. Snacks, drinks, her bear, pillow, her pajamas. She was prepared. Her and her two sisters use to have sleepovers up there when they were younger. It was one of abbys favorite things to do with her sisters.