Chapter 22: Recovering

I woke up very tried and michonne wasn't by my side. The nightmare had come back and I knew sleep wasn't gonna be my friend. I yawned as I slowly got out of bed. My feet hit the cold floor making me shiver. I decided it was time to finally wear my sweat shirt again.

I left my leggings on and t shirt and threw my sweatshirt over it. I also put on some fuzzy socks and put on my new boots. My hair was officially a hot mess so I took it out of the braids and did my normal half up half down with a loose bun.

"Abby." I turn to see carl standing in the door way.

"I'm very mad at you right now." I say turning away and brushing off the dirt on my sweatshirt.

"I know. I just wanted to say i'm sorry. I just wanted you guys to finally talk since she's missed you a lot." Carl says making me nod.

"It's ok, just." I stopped and looked at my hands.

"You should have talked me to first." I say looking back at him. Carl just stared at the ground.

"I know i'm sorry." He says looking back at me. I sent him a small smile. I couldn't be mad at him forever.

"It's fine. I'll talk to maggie later." I said with a smile. He sent me one back.

"If it makes you feel any better I put fruit rolls up on the food list for runs." He says making me laugh a little.

"It does." I say as he chuckled slightly.

"We gotta go help with the walker." He says motioning for us to go.

"Alright." I say grabbing my holster. I put it on as we walk through the cell block.

"What do we need to do?" I ask as carl walks next to me.

"Gotta distract them so michonne and them can put some traps down." I nod as I push the door open.

"Maggie has the pots." Carl says making me look at him confused.

"Pots?" Soon I was by the fence screaming at the walkers banging on our frying pan.

"OVER HERE UGLYS!" I yell banging on the pot. I watched as michonne, glenn and daryl set up the traps for the governor.

"HEY!" I yell as all the walkers moved over to us. Carl and maggie were doing the same only a couple feet down from me. Once they were done we headed back up to the cell blocks. I rubbed my numb hands together trying to get some warmth.

"Are you cold?" Daryl asked me as I pull my hands into my sleeves.

"A little." I say as he reaches into the car.

"Here, found these in one of the cells." He says handing me a pair of fingerless gloves.

"Better than nothing." He says making me smile.

"Thanks." I say pulling him into a hug.

"No problem." He says as we pull away.

He sent me one last smile before I headed back into the cell block. I headed up to my cell hoping to get some uninterrupted reading. Everyone was running around doing something except me. I didn't feel like being around the group a whole lot today. I read for about an hour until beth came into my cell.

"Daddy's going to do the prayer. Wanna come?" I look up at her from my book.

"Sure." I say with a smile.

Dad used to do pray every wednesday morning before school. It was a very relaxing thing as dad was very good at reading and had a calming voice. I followed beth downstairs to where dad and maggie sat waiting. I sat down next to maggie and waited for dad to start.