Chapter 7: Alone

No one said anything. It was dead silence. All you could hear was the crickets,the wind and the cries from my sister. My heart felt, I don't know what it felt. My body was numb. No pain. No, anything. It was all numb.

My eyes still spilled tears as my face was still. My knees hurt from falling on them, that didn't matter. I watched as beth pushed away from jimmy and ran into the walker pit. She fell in front of our step mom. She pushed a walker off her and rolled her over.

"Mom." Was all beth said before the walker grabbed her.

I admittedly ran up and grab the knife that sat in daryl's waist band. They all pull her away from the walker and I stabbed her head. T dog went to stomp on her head but I'd already killed her. Blood shot up at me and got on my face, hands and shirt. My daddy looked at me with wide eyes as daryl took his knife back from my frozen hands.

Maggie admittedly grabbed my arm and pulled me away from everyone. I didn't say a thing as we walked back to the house. Shane and rick followed us as shane yelled at daddy. Patricia pulled me inside and into the kitchen. Tears still poured from my eyes as she whipped blood from my body.

"Here let me." Glenn says grabbing the rag from her. She nods before leaving glenn and me in the kitchen.

"Took a lot of strength to do that." He tells me as I look down at my hands. He was getting the rag wet.

"I killed her." I say as tears fall from my eyes. "I killed her glenn." I look up and into his eyes.

"You didn't kill her." He says pulling me into a hug.

"You helped her get to heaven." He says as I cry into his arms. I cried and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

"Now lets get you cleaned up." He says wiping tears away from my face. I nod as he grabs my arms.

Once he helps me I head upstairs and into the bathroom. I strip from my clothes and throw them into the dirty basket. I start the shower and wait for the water to warm up. As I do I stare into the mirror. My thick brown hair was almost down to my butt. I fold it so it gets shorter. I stop a couple inches above my boobs. It looked a lot better.

"Patricia wouldn't mind cutting it." I say before brushing it. I soon then hop into the shower and wash off today.

     I stood in the front of my closet looking for an outfit. I didn't wanna get dressed. I just wanted to lay in bed and do nothing. I sighed before grabbing clothes. I picked a long sleeved burgundy t shirt, leggings, and my G necklace. I shoved my feet into my boots before heading downstairs.

I had hair scissors and a brush in my hands as I dried my hair with my towel. Patricia stood in the kitchen. Her eyes moved to me as I walked in.

"You ok?" She ask me. I nod my head and hold the scissors out.

"Can you cut my hair?" I ask her. She smiles and nods. She walks over to a stood and pulls it out.

"Come sit." She says as I walk over. I sit down and hand her the scissors and brush.

"How short?" She ask me as she starts brushing my hair.

"A couple inches above here." I say point to a spot on my chest before rubbing my eye.

"Ok." Was all she said before she started cutting. I sat there quietly as pieces of my hair fell onto the floor. I could feel my head getting lighter and lighter.

"Done. Go take a look." She tells me. I stand up and head to the mirror. A smile fell on my face.

"Do you like it?" She ask me.