Chapter 55: Don't

Long chapter!!

Abby sat in her and carls room as theo was playing on his tummy. Everyone in her group except her, willow, judith and theo had gone to a new community called ocean side. She was eager to go but carl refused as they weren't sure if they were friendly or not. He didn't want theo and willow to loose both parents if something bad happened. She of course understood and stayed back. Abby wasn't to fond on staying in Alexandra almost everyday. Some days she wishes to be out fighting like the rest of them. Abby sighed as theo continued to sleep. "Mom?" The door slowly opened to reveal willow. "Can I watch a movie on the tv downstairs?"She asked sweetly. Willow knew her mom wanted to fight as did she. "Of course." Abby says still looking down at theo. "Ok!" Willow says before rushing downstairs. It was around dinner she knew the group would be home before dark. They had left early in the morning to make sure it was a one day trip if things went smoothly. Abby sighed before standing up. She was still in her pajamas as all she did today was clean and take care of theo. Abby slipped on some leggings and a loose t shirt that was glenn's. She slowly walked over to the mirror and started braiding her hair. The sun was close to setting when she sat down. Half way through theo started crying making her stop braiding. She picked him up and started to feed him. Abby just sat down with her back against the wall as theo ate. Soon the door flung open making abby cover theo and her half naked chest. "You scared the crap outta me." She says moving the blanket. Carl just chuckle slightly and sat down next to her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He says making abby smile and roll her eyes. "How'd it go?" She asked as carls eyes stayed on theo. "They agreed to join us. It took a lot of persuading but they agreed." He says making abby nod. "We brought back Dwight as a prisoner." Abby look at carl in shock. "He wants to help kill negan, dad thinks he's a spy." Carl says as theo stops nursing. "I understand why." She says fixing her shirt. Carl grabbed theo from her so she could finish her hair. "Yeah, I wouldn't want to risk you guys safety." He says as she chuckles. "I know, I can defend myself blah blah." Carl says making abby chuckles. He already knew what she was going to say. "I just want this all to end. So we can be a family and our kids can grow up happy." Abby looked at carl in the mirror as a small smile appears on her face. "So you want more kids?" She asked as he rocks theo to sleep. "I mean id love more but, I don't want you dying just to give me another kid." He says making her nod her head. She didn't wanna talk much more about it because, child birth was a tough subject for the both of them. Once she was done with her hair the sun was completely gone. "Everyone is interrogating dwight, they should be back soon." He says as they both stand up. "Alright." She says with a small smile. Carl slowly lays theo down on their floor bed as he was now fast alseep. They both headed downstairs only to see rick, michonne and daryl. Abby immediately jumped into daryl's arms. "I missed you." She says into his shoulder. "I missed you too." He says back as they pull apart. "You remember the plan for tomorrow?" Rick asked her firmly. "Yup, willow and I are all ready." She says as they look at willow. She was fast asleep on the arm chair as a barbie movie played. "Good. We have a long day tomorrow." Rick says as abby nods. "Get a good nights sleep. Be ready to stay longer if anything happens." She nods again. Rick  puts his hand on her shoulder before heading upstairs. "Judith is safe at hilltop with maggie. Enid will be at the safe house when you get there. She'll lead you to hilltop safely. Don't be a hard head." Michonne says grabbing and shaking her head slightly. Abby just rolls her eyes and chuckles. "Alright!" She says as michonne follows after rick upstairs. "You sure you're ok being on the side lines for this?" Daryl ask her making her sigh. "I mean, i'd love to kill some of those assholes but if you guys want me to be on baby protection i can." She says pretending to be ok. Daryl could read her easily but he decided not to say anything. He simply nodded. "You should get some sleep." Daryl says walking over to willow. "Where are you gonna sleep?" Abby asked as carl slowly headed up the stairs. "I'll sleep on the couch." He says looking at willow who was fast asleep. "Willow can keep me company." Abby chuckle slightly as he laid down. "Alright." She says as willow let out a small snore. "Goodnight." Daryl says as he got comfortable. "Goodnight!" She says before following carl back upstairs. He was alright laying down facing theo as she walked in. "Are you nervous?" Carl asked as she closed the door. "A little, We have the numbers now. Let's just hope it's enough." She says sitting down on the bed. "We will win." Abby just looked at carl as he watched theo. "For them." She just smiled and laid down. "Goodnight love." He says leaning over to kiss her forehead. "Goodnight." She says smiling back.