Chapter 24: After winter

Carl woke up to abby laying on top of him. They stayed up last night reading comic and abby stayed in his room. His arms were wrapped around her now more matured body. She was now finally looking like a teenager. They both were now fifteen and didn't look shy of it.

"Abby." Carl says softly trying to wake her up.

"Five more minutes." She says cuddling into carl more.

"My dad didn't wake me up I gotta go help him." Carl says as abby let out a groan.

"Fine." She says getting up.

"We can hang out later, deal?" He says getting out of bed.

"Deal." She says yawning rubbing her eyes.

Carl looked at her outfit, a loose shirt with no bra, compression shorts and her fuzzy socks. Her hair was also in a messy bun that had hair all over the place. She looked beautiful to him, she always did no matter what.

"Are you on cooking duty with carol?" Carl asked her as he put on his shoes.

"Yeah, we're cooking that dear I caught with daryl yesterday." Abby says standing up to stretch.

"Well go on then." Carl says smacking her butt.

She smacked his arm making him laugh before heading over to her cell. Her clothes were hung up nicely on her rack glenn had gotten her. Glenn and her went on many runs for her room decor. Glenn didn't mind, he liked hanging with abby.

She now had a desk, a rack, fairy lights, a white board hanging on the wall along with posters and pictures she took on her polaroid camera. A small furry blue carpet covered the ground as well. She also had all her books on a shelf daryl put up for her. Abby had also managed to get a cute blanket and pillow for her bed. It was perfect to her.

She quickly got dressed into a pair of jeans, a loose green shirt, and her converse. She put her hair into a quick side braid before grabbing her apron and heading to work. Most people we're starting to wake up which was very normal. Abby walked very quickly as she also put on her apron.

"You're late!" Carol says to abby as she already started cooking.

"Better late than never." Abby says grabbing some food.

"I'm just joking, how'd you sleep?" Carol says kissing abbys head.

The two had gotten pretty close over the past couple of months. Abby spent most of her working time with carol doing many things.

"Pretty good." Abby says cutting up some veggies.

"Slept with carl again?" Carol asked raising her eyebrow.

"No." Abby says making carol giggle.

"Whatever you say." Carol says making abby smile.

Carol knew a lot about abby, abby always came to carol for advice since michonne was always gone. She spent almost everyday looking for the governor. No luck yet. A couple minutes later daryl came up to the two girls for food. He said hey to almost five people making abby and carol look at each other and giggle.

"Smells good." He says grabbing some food.

"Just so you know, we liked you first." Carol says making abby laugh. Daryl rolled his eyes at the two.

"Stop." He says as he started eating with his hand.

"Gross." Abby says as she continues to cut up stuff.

"You know rick brought in a lot of them too." He says to carol as abby listened quietly.

"Not recently. Give the stranger sanctuary, keeping people fed, You're gonna have to live with the love." Carol says making more plates of food.