Chapater 26: The waiting

Abby woke up from her nap to a knock at the door. Carl wasn't back from walking around. Willow had also decided to nap which was nice.

"Abby, it's maggie." Abby slowly got up and headed to the door.

She grabbed her goggles and bandana to cover her eyes, nose and mouth. Once she was covered she opened the door, lifting her goggles up so maggie could see her.

"You ok in there?" Maggie asked holding a small bag.

"Yeah, willows good company." Abby says with a small chuckle. Maggie smiled and held out the bag.

"Some books, water, snacks and some other stuff." She says as abby grabs the bag.

"Thank you. How's it going out there?" Abby asked putting the bag over her shoulder.

"Glenn has it and daddy's helping the sick." Maggie says with a small smile as tears filled her eyes. Abby sighed and her shoulder fell. She had a feeling her dad was going find a way to help.

"Rick? Daryl? Michonne? Is everyone else ok?" Abby asked as maggie wiped some tears off her face.

"Yeah, daryl, michonne, Tyrese, and bob went on a run for medicine. Rick and carol went on a run for more food. Everyone who's sick is staying in C block." Maggie explained making abby nod. She was glad mostly everyone she cared for was ok. She just hoped everyone got back safely.

"Ok, if you need anything let me know." Abby says as maggie say a small ok before leaving.

Abby sighed and headed back inside. This day felt never ending. Abby looked at willow peacefully sleeping and an idea popped into her head. She could easily get to the library from here and sneak a couple more books. She quickly grabbed her gloves before heading out the door. She pulled her goggles down covering her eyes as she walked through the prison.

Carl was easy to pass by as he was reading a comic not paying any attention. She knew he'd stop her from leaving the isolation so she just didn't tell him. Coughing up ahead made her hide behind a door until the coughing was far gone. The library was up ahead and she knew it'd probably be empty. The door was wide open once she got there.

She slipped in and grabbed two books that looked interesting. A medical book, and a book on plants in nature. She makes sure the coast was clear before heading to her cell. She wanted to make sure she had everything she wanted.

"No, no, no." She says moving stuff around.

"Yes!" She says holding up her flashlight that hooked on the strap of her book bag.

"Found you." She says shoving it in her pocket before quickly heading back to willow and carl.

She of course made sure to stay away from sick people by hiding in small places and waiting for them to pass. Once she got back she saw a angry looking carl pacing around the halls. She slowly walked hoping not to catch his attention.

"Where'd you go?!" He says walking up to her making her sigh.

"I went to get my flashlight and some more books." Abby says pulling the goggles off her eyes.

"I was careful don't worry." She says going to push past carl.

"No, You should have told me where you were going. What if you got sick?" Carl says holding his arm out stopping abby.

"Carl I told you I was careful don't worr-" Carl cut her off.

"No! I can't loose you!" Abbys eyes widened at him as he clearly started to get upset.

"Hey, i'm ok. See." She says grabbing his hand and placing it on her cheek.

"I'm ok." She says as he looks at her. He just stares into her eyes before pulling her into a hug. Abby wrapped her free arm around his body.