Chapter 38: Scrubbing

Everyone spoke to deanna and then it was time to give up their weapons. Abby shoved her knifes into her pants and shirt hiding them. She didn't feel comfortable giving up everything.

They all piled up their weapons all on one big cart. Abby stood in shock as she didn't realize how many they had. Her weapons sat on top without her bag. She felt naked without a gun on her.

"I should have brought another cart." Olivia says before rolling the weapons away. Aaron then took the group to their new home.

"I hope I get my own room!" Willow says excitedly making abby laugh.

"You don't wanna share with me?" Abby asked pretending to be sad.

"Of course I do! But, i wouldn't mind having my own room." Willow says making abby smile.

"I bet you would." Abby says as they walk through the community. The houses were huge. They soon stopped at two very large houses.

"We get both?" Abby says next to carol.

"Lots of room." Carol says excitedly as she headed into the house.

Abby followed after her as willow came along. Abbys eyes widened once she saw the inside, it was beautiful. Bens of supples sat on the floor and tables.

"Abby check this out!" Carl says running into the kitchen. Abby walked over and stood next to carl who stood by the sink.

"It's a sink." Abby says motioning to it in front of them.

Carl didn't say anything he only turned the handle. Water came pouring out the faucet turning everyone's head. A huge smile appeared on abbys face as she stuck her hand under. It was warm running water. In only a matter of minutes everyone was showering.

Abby went in with willow to help her. She helped her change and brush her teeth before starting a shower for herself. Abby stripped down and steps into the warm shower. The hot water stung once it hit her back. She hissed slightly but relaxed as she turned. She stared at the ground as dirt colored water ran down the drain. Beth would have loved this.

Tears filled her eyes as she thought about her sister. Abby quickly started to wash her body scrubbing away at her skin. She didn't stop until her whole body was red. She stopped and looked at her now shaking hands. Abby sighed as tears fell from her face. All the emotions had hit her, she wished her father and sister were here.

"Abby, you ok in there?" Maggie asked knocking on the door. She was walking by and heard abby crying.

"Yeah, just washing my hair." Abby says grabbing the bottle.

"Alright, just making sure." Maggie says with a sigh before walking away.

Abby quickly finished showering and wrapped a towel around her. She wiped the mirror and looked at herself in shock. She hasn't seen her clean face in forever. Her tan skin was coated in freckles that covered her whole body, her hair wasn't tangled and all over the place.

Abby stared at her body realizing how much she's actually changed. She had finally gotten a figure making her truly look older. Abby sighed and started to brush her teeth, it felt like heaven. Once she was done she put on some leggings, a brown loose shirt, her chunky sweater and some fuzzy socks.

She put her necklaces back on and brushed her hair. It was the longest it's ever been. She opened the cabinet hoping to find some scissors hoping someone could cut it for her. As she dug through draws she found a pair perfect for cutting hair. Abby grabs her old clothes before heading back downstairs to her bag.

     She shoves her clothes into it and walks over to carol. "Can you cut my hair?" She ask holding out the scissors. Carol smiled and grabbed a chair.