Chapter 3:The Rest of the Group

The sound of people talking woke me up. I wasn't in the discomfort of the rocking chair anymore. I laid in my bed with my hair in a ponytail, I guess maggie or someone brought me up. I yawn before gettingout of bed.

Everything from last night hit me making me feel like shit. I just sighed and stood up. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair before walking back into my room. I stood in front of my closet wondering what to wear. I finally decided and grabbed an outfit.

I grabbed my flannel, some jeans and my boots. I also put on my G sliver necklace.I finished my outfit by putting a belt on and tucking my shirt into my pants. I walk downstairs not to be greeted by anyone. I walk to the front porch to see everyone grabbing rocks. We're gonna have a funeral for otis. A soft smile appears on my face as I slowly run over. Shane went to grab one but I beat him to it. "

Sorry." I say pushing a hair behind my ear. "It's ok." He says.

I send a small smile to him as we continue. As we were almost finished a motor echoed in the distance. A motorcycle, a car and a trailer soon appear, im guessing those are ricks group members. We soon finished as they pull up. I admittedly went to the porch next to maggie. They all gathered around and hugged each other. They all must have been worried sick. I just held maggie's hand as we watched.

The catching up went fast as we soon started Otis funeral. We all sat down a rock until a huge pile was formed.

"Bless it be god, father of our lord, jesus christ. Prays be to him for the gift of our brother Otis. For his span of years, for his abundant of character, Otis who gave his life to save a child. Now more than ever our most precious asset. We thank you god for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived. In grace." Daddy says as maggie held my hand.

"Shane," He says catching shane's attention.

"Will you speak for Otis?" Dad says moving his cane.

"I'm not good at it." Is all he said. "I'm sorry." He says looking down.

"You were the last one with him." Patricia says crying.

"Will you share is final moment, please." She says looking at shane.

"I need to hear." She continues. "I need to know his death has meaning." I wipe my eyes and hold onto maggie more.

"We were about done, almost out of amo we were using pistols by then. I was limping, it was bad." Shane starts.

"The cost went up, We gotta save the boy. See that's what he said." Shane says looking at everyone.

"He gave me his backpack and shoved me ahead. Run he said, i'll take the rear and cover you and when I looked back." He stops and looks at patricia. He didn't say anything, he just limped to the wheel barrel and grabbed a rock.

"If not for otis, Id never had made it out alive And that goes for carl too." He says putting it down.

"It was otis, He saved us both. What he did has meaning." He says as patricia nods her head.

Abby sat in her treehouse watching the new people settle in. Rick and them sat around talking about finding Sophia. Abby was hoping they did, she could have a new friend. There was carl but he spent every minute in that bed asleep.

Abby liked being outside, gave her peace. Normally she'd be swinging on the swing below her tree house but she had to pull it up so they could set up. She didn't understand why they picked to be under her treehouse. It really annoyed her, but she was nice and acted like she didn't mind. She sat on a tree branch carving pieces with a sharp stick.