Chapter 2:God help us

We got back to the farm and lori got off very quickly. I slowed down and grabbed maggie's horse.

"I'll take them back." I tell her handing her the crowbar.

Maggie nods before following lori inside the house. Daddy looked at me with anger and sadness. He doesn't like when I leave the farm. I slowly rode the horses back to the barn and unsettled them. I give them some feed before walking back to the house. The sun was setting leaving the farm looking beautiful. I walked over to a rocking chair and sat down hoping to sleep. Today was a lot for one day, normally days were so boring and basic. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into sleep hoping to just have an hour.

"Wake up!" I hear maggie whispers yell to me. I admittedly jerked up and stared at her. It was now completely dark.

"I thought you're our watch dog?" She says sitting next to me.

"Well this watch dog has been doing a lot today. Needed a rest." I say rubbing my under eyes. I turn to see her looking at me with a smile.

"What?" I ask confused. "Nothing." She says with a laugh.

"You just look like momma." She says making a smile appear on my face.

"Thanks." I say before turning away. Our mom died when giving birth to me. Left our dad with a preteen and a baby. The smile soon faded from my face.

"I'm sorry." Was all that came out of my mouth.

"What are you sorry about?" Maggie ask confused.

"I took mom from you and dad." I say as tears slowly filled my eyes.

"Abby." Maggie says pulling me into a hug.

"You didn't take mom away from us." She says as tears pour from my eyes.

"God just had better plans for her." She says rubbing my back.

"What's better than being with us?" I ask pulling away. Maggie smiles as holds my face.

"Being our guardian Angel." She says wiping the tears away.

"True." I say with a small smile. Maggie smiles and kisses my head. She then sits down in the rocking chair and pulls me down with her.

"Don't think you're the reason moms gone because you aren't." She says as I cuddle into her chest. I didn't say anything, I just closed my eyes and listened to her heartbeat. A couple minutes went by and a chair drove up. We both looked up and watched as two guys got out of the car. One asian one and one African American. He looked ruffed up.

"Do we ring the bell, looks like people live here?" The Asian one ask. I smile at his awkwardness. I just leaned my head back down.

"We're past this stuff, having to be considerate." The other guy says.

"Close the gate up the rode when you drove in?" Maggie ask as I look up rubbing my eyes.

"Um hi, yes we closed it. The latch and everything." He says as I get off her lap.

"We'll nice to see you guys again." He says as I smile.

"We met before briefly." I walk closer and lean against the fence.

"Look we came to help. Is there anything we can do?" The other guy says. Good he looked awful. My eyes soon feel to his arm. It was cut open and looks awful, that's probably what's wrong.

"It's not a bite, I cut myself pretty badly." He says looking at us.

"I can look at it for you." I say walking over to him. I grab his hand and pull him into the house. Maggie and the Asian guy followed us in.