Chapter 39: A normal life

Abby woke up in the morning to maggie cooking breakfast. Willow was already up and helping maggie. Carl still laid fast asleep snoring away. Abby slowly got up and headed into the kitchen.

"Morning." Abby says kissing willows head.

"Good Morning! We're making breakfast!" Willow says excitedly.

"I can see that," Abby says with a smile. Maggie stopped cook and pulled abby into a hug. Abby smiled and wrapped her arms around maggie.

"How'd you sleep?" She asked as they pull away.

"Pretty good, you?" Abby asked looking around seeing everyone was starting to wake up.

"Good." Maggie says as glenn walks into the kitchen. He hugged abby and then hugged willow.

"Good Morning!" Willow says as they pull apart.

"Good Morning." Glenn says with a smile. Abby helped them plate food and hand it out to everyone. Carl was now awake with judith in his arm.

"Want me to get her something to eat?" Abby asked as carl yawned. He nodded as abby headed to make judith a bottle. Once she was done carl had started to eat.

"Here let me." Abby says grabbing judith from his arms.

Carl didn't protest as he continued to eat. Abby fed judith and then walked around the downstairs. She looked outside to see daryl sitting on the porch still dirty. She opened the door and walked over to him.

"You're not gonna shower?" Abby ask him as she sits down next to him. He shook his head making abby let out a small laugh.

"You don't smell the best." Abby says making him roll his eyes.

"You didn't smell to good either." He says making abby laugh.

"No one smelled good." Abby says with a chuckle, standing up.

"Come eat, willow helped." She says as daryl chuckled.

"We're all gonna get food poisoning." He says making abby laugh.

"She's not that bad." She says making daryl look at her with a "Are you sure?" Face making her let out a loud laugh.

"Maggie did most of the work so I think we're ok." Abby says as daryl stands up.

"Let's hope." He says following abby back inside.

Rick had taken judith from abby so she could change. Carol had found some clothes that abby would probably like. Abby dug through the basket until she found a pair of jeans, a tank top and a sage green zip up jacket. She headed into the bathroom and quickly changed. She also brushed her teeth and put her hair in a half up half down hair style with a loose bun.

She stared down at herself and smiled. Abby couldn't remember the last time she put on clean clothes with a clean body. She slipped on some socks before heading out of the bathroom. Glenn stood outside the bathroom and smiled once he saw abby dressed.

"What?" She asked looking down at her outfit.

"Nothing, you look nice." He says poking her nose before heading into the bathroom.

She smiled before walking back to where willow was. Maggie had already gotten her changed. She wore black overalls and a pink shirt with her cow boy boots. Maggie had also put her hair in a side braid.

"Can we go walk around?!" Willow asked running up to abby.

"Please!!" Willow asked with her puppy dog eyes. Abby sighed and looked at rick who was talking to michonne.