Chapter 8:Stay, please stay.

Abby woke up the next morning in a puddle of liquid.

"What the hell." She say flinging the sheets open. Blood was everywhere. Don't panic echoed throughout her mind.

"MAGGIE!" Abby screams starting to panic.

Maggie was in her room laying down when her youngest sister yelled for her. Maggie jumped out of bed and flung the door open to her sisters room. Jimmy not far behind. Maggie's eyes widened at the sight. She quickly closed the door before Jimmy saw.

"Don't go in there. I can handle this." She tells him. He looks at her confused until his eyes widen.

"Oh, ok. Um i'll just go downstairs." He says as maggie nods.

She walks in to see abby panicking. "Calm down its normal!" Maggie says closing the door. Maggie wasn't prepared for this but, it was her job now.

After a good hour of explaining and showing abby was ok. Maggie took her bed sheets off and everything as abby showered. She also grabbed abbys clothes before heading downstairs to the laundry room.

"Everything ok upstairs?" Patricia ask maggie as she shoved everything into the wash.

"Let's just say abbys a woman now." Maggie says making patricia smile.

"I bet she'll love that." Patricia says as the both of them let out a small laugh.

Meanwhile upstairs was abby getting dress. Now that she knew that she wasn't dying she relax and realize it's normal. She wasn't embarrassed or anything. She just wanted to go through her day. Maggie suggested wearing dark pants the first couple time which made abby see that maggie still was her helpful sister self.

After she finished getting dressed she headed to the mirror. She had on a green t shirt, black jeans, her boots and her G necklace. She tried her best but she wasn't trying to impress anyone. She walked downstairs and grabbed an apple.

A car engine catches her attention. She heads outside to see rick and glenn had returned with her dad. She puts her apple down and runs to her father.

"Your hair." Was the first thing he said.

"Oh! I'm sorry daddy! I didn't ask you I just thought it was ti-" Hershel cut his youngest off.

"It's beautiful." Abby smiles so hard and hugs her daddy again.  Maggie comes running but not to her hershel. Abby could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Patricia prepare the shied for surgery." Hershel says letting go and heading to the house. Abby just followed after him.

"Surgery who's having surgery?" Flew through abbys mind but, she didn't say it out loud.

"Who the hell is that?" T dog says putting everyone's attention on the car. A dude sat there with a blind fold on.

"That's Randel." Glenn says as abby eyes widen. They brought someone back?!

Daddy made me sit outside as they talked about what to do with Randel. Of course I was left out. I could hear a little bit of what they were saying but not much. My head turned as I hear daddy yelled at shane.

Soon the front door opened and angry shane walked out. I didn't say anything to him. I just simply ignored him. A couple seconds later everyone started walking out. I just decided to go find carl. Once I found him we headed to my treehouse.

"Do you ever wonder what life's gonna be like a year from today?" He ask me as I got a stack of cards out.

"Yeah, all the time. Why?" I tell him as I sit back down.

"I don't know. I was just thinking." He tells me.

"About?" I ask handing out cards.

"What if we can't stay here? What if something happens and we're forced to leave?" He says making me stop and think. Is that really what he's thinking about?

"Then we'll have to leave. Simple as that. There's not much we can do." I tell him as I put the cards in the middle.

"All we can do in life is move forward. If life wants us to do something then we follow life's orders. It's just how life works." I say as we start to play.

"Yeah. I guess so." He says starting to play. We play for a couple of hours until we decide to part ways. I headed inside the house only to be met with beth and maggie screaming at each other.

"What's going on?!" I ask lori and Andrea. They looked like they were also in an argument. Their eyes widened when they see me.

"Nothing sweetie, How about we go outside huh? We'll sitting outside while lori gets you some lunch." Andrea says pulling me outside.

"Why are my sisters yelling?" I ask once we're outside.

"Maggie said for us not to speak about it with you until she does." Andrea says as I nod my head. A couple minutes go by and lori comes outside with a plate and a water.

"Thank you." I say as I sit on the floor.

"I'll be inside." Lori tells us. I nod and smile.

"I gotta go check up on your sisters." Andrea says before also walking inside.

I don't say anything and just continue to eat. As I was going to put my plate inside I hear lori and maggie. I put my plate down and walked into the room. What I saw scared me for life. Beth was holding her arm that was covered in blood.

"What happened?!" I yell catching everyone's attention.

"Abby get out! You have no business here!" Maggie yells to me as maggie grabs beth out of the bathroom.

"Lori get abby out of here." Maggie tells her as she walks with beth.

"She's my sister too!" I yell as lori grabs on to me.

"Come on. Let maggie handle it." Lori tells me as she pulls me out of the room.

Abby stood outside with lori as maggie cleaned up beth.

"Why am I always being left out?" Abby says to lori. Lori looked at the little girl.

"They just want to protect you." Lori tells me kneeling down to my level.

"Well it's not working! Ever since I was shot they hide everything from me. I'm not some fragile porcelain doll that's gonna break if you drop it!" Abby says getting really upset.

"You're right." Lori says making abby look up.

"You aren't. They are scared that something will happen to you. So when the time comes to prove it. You prove it so hard they won't ever look at you like that ever again." Lori says holding abbys chin.

"You're strong, and smart. You know what this world is, better than most people these days." Abby was surprised by her words.

"You're gonna protect so many people and prove them wrong. Prove to them who you truly are." She says putting her hand on abbys cheek.

Abby nodded and stood up.

"Thank you lori." Abby wrapped her arms around the women. Abby needed lori, she needed a mother. She didn't need her big sister taking that role, she didn't have to ask for someone to either. She needed someone like lori.

They pulled away and abby headed to the treehouse. Abby was gonna prove that she wasn't fragile. She was gonna prove she was strong enough to beat this world. First, she'd had to work hard to get mental prepared and that was exactly what she was gonna do.