Chapter 48: New community

Abby sat in judiths room with willow. Abby had gotten changed and changed the other two. She wore leggings, a cream colored t shirt, a flannel with her boots. Willow had on a black dress with a white shirt underneath with her converse. Abby braid her hair to the side with a bow. She then put judith in a pink dress and some gray tights. Carl asked abby to stay upstairs with the two as they talked to jesus. She didn't mind, she knew carl would tell her everything after they were done. A knock on the door caught her attention. Carl walked in and sat down next to abby. "Jesus lives in another community like ours." Carl says as abbys eyes widened. "Really?! There's more communities?!" Abby says as carl nods. "It's called hilltop, His job is to find other communities to trade with." Carl says as willow jumps down next to them. "Are we gonna trade with them?" She asked before abby could say anything. "Dad wants to go check it out, jesus said they have a doctor too." Carl says as abby smiles. Denise has taken a look at abby but she didn't have much on pregnancy so they didn't know a whole lot. All they knew is that abby is around 7-8 months along. "They're leaving in 20." He says making abbys smile fade. "You don't wanna go?" Abby asked him. "Someones gotta stay here you go, maggie is going too." Carl says with a smile. "You sure?" Abby asked as willow stands up. "I'll stay with him so he's not alone!" Willow says grabbing his arm to pull him up. Carl just smiled and stood up. "Yeah, i'll be fine here. Willow and judith will keep me company." He says as willow hugs him. Abby smiles and stands up. "Alright! I'll go get my stuff then." She says kissing carl's cheek. Carl smiled as she walked out the room. Abby then headed to her house to grab her gear. All she was getting was her knifes and her gun. Once she got back they had gotten the RV and were getting ready to go. Carl stood outside talking to his dad. He saw her walk up and they ended their conversation as rick gave carl judith. "Be careful." Carl tells her as she hugs him. "I will." She says as carl kissed her head. They pull away and carl gives abby a kiss before she jumped in the RV. She sat in the back reading her book as rick started to drive. Only a couple minutes later the rv stopped. Abby put she book down and walked to the front. "What's going on?" She asked michonne as they all stood up to get out. "Stay here." Michonne tells her as they all get out. "Why?" She asked grabbing her gun. "Just, stay in here." Michonne tells her before walking out and closing the door. Abby sighed and got in the front seat to watch out the window. She watched then head over to the building and walk in. Maggie and jesus stayed outside. Abby held the keys in her hand anxiously. If something happens she'd be ready to drive off. Minutes later they come back outside with some more people. Abby guessed they're probably hilltop people. Soon they all came back to the rv and abby got up. "Jesus people, they're coming with." Rick tells her as he walks in. She nods and heads back to where she was sitting last. Maggie and glenn came back along with someone else. "Names harlan, by the way." He says as they start driving. "Maggie, that's my husband and this is my sister abby." Maggie tells him as glenn and abby both smile. "We're bring back medication back so you may have saved more people than just us back there glenn." Harlan tells glenn. "You're a doctor?" Glenn asked him making abby look at harlan. "Yeah thats right." Harlan says looking in his bag. "Do you have any prenatal vitamins in there?" Glenn asked him pointing to the bag. They didn't have many, only around half of a bottle so abby and maggie didn't take them a lot. Harlan looked at maggie and smiled. "For you?" He asked pointing to maggie. "Both of us, abbys 7 months." Maggie says pointing to abby who held her stomach. "Well I was a obstetrician before, and I most definitely owe you. So, i'd say you two just hit the jackpot." Harlan says as they all smile.

After driving for a while the rv came to a sharp stop. "We're stuck." Rick says as everyone stands up. "No worries, we're here." Jesus says with a smile. They all jump out the rv and look around. Abby smiled as she saw the wall. "That's us, that's the hilltop." Jesus says as everyone looks at it. Jesus led the way up that hill to the gate. "Stop right there!" A man on guard yells down. "You gonna make us?" Daryl says as they all point their guns at him. "Jesus what the hell is this?" The man yells down to him. "Open the gates cal, freddie's hurt. Look sorry about these guys, they get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing." Jesus says as abby lowers her gun and chuckled quietly. "They give up their weapons and then we'll open the gates." Cal says down to them. "Why don't you come down here and get them?" Daryl says pointing his bow at him. "Gentlemen, look, we vouch for these people, all right? They saved us out there." Harlan says walking up to the gate. "Lower the spears." Jesus tell them. "Look I am not taking any chances, tell your guy Gregory to come out here." Rick tells jesus walking up to him. Abby just stood by glenn listening to everyone talk. "No, don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns. Look we ran out of ammo months ago. I like your people. I trust you, trust us." Jesus tells him. Rick looks at him and doesn't say anything at first. Rick them motions for everyone to put their guns down. "Open the gates cal." Jesus yells up to him. He then opens the gates and they walk in. "Thanks again man." Harlan tells glenn. "Come see me whenever. I'm just over here in the medical trailer. Okay?" Harlan says to abby and maggie. "Abby why don't you go with? We'll meet you after." Maggie tells abby making she stop. "Are you sure? I can come with." Abby says looking at the two. "Yeah, it'll only be a minute." Maggie says as abby smiles and nods. Abby then followed harlan and them to the medical trailer. She sat down and waited as harlan fixed up some others. Abby sat nervously as she picked with her fingers. She didn't mind waiting, she wanted someone to be with her. She really wished carl would have come, she'll get to see what her baby looks like and the gender. They already had some names picked out for when they figure it out. A little while later a man comes jesus comes running in. "Gregory been stabbed." He says as harlan grabs a bunch of medical stuff and runs out followed by another man.

Abby looked out the window to see michonne coming up to the trailer. She opened the door and abby smiled. "Did you really think I was gonna miss this?" She says making abby get up and hug her. "Thank you." Abby says into michonnes chest. She immediately started to calm down. "No problem, anyways I need to be the first to know." Michonne says sarcastically making abby laugh. "Of course." Abby says as they sit down. Michonne holds abbys hand as they wait patiently for harlan to come back. A few minutes later harlan comes back. "Alright you ready to see your baby?" Harlan says as abby stands up excitedly. "You have an ultrasound?!" Abby asked as harlan pulls out the machine. "Of course. Come lay back." He says motioning to the table. Abby walks over with michonne nervously and sits down. She raises her shirt and harlan puts the gel on her stomach. "Now let's see how this baby looks." He says as he placed the wand on her stomach. Harlan looks at the screen as he moves it around. "There's baby, let's see if we can oop-" Harlan says making abbys eyes widened. "What?!" She asked worriedly. "Congratulations Ms. Abby, seems like you're having twins." Harlan says making abbys eyes widened. Michonne smiled and grabbed abbys hand. "Twins?!" Abby says shocked. "Yes, do you wanna know the genders?" He asked with a smile. "Yes!" Abby says excitedly and squeezed michonnes hand. "Baby A is a boy, and baby B is a girl." He says making michonne smile excitedly. "I guess both teams win." Abby says as tears filled her eyes. "I can print you some pictures? If you'd like." He says turning the screen so abby could see. She smiled as she saw the two babies on the screen. She nodded as she cried looking at the screen. Michonne kissed her head and pulled her into a small hug. Harlan just smiled as his printed abby a picture of the ultrasound. He wiped off her stomach and gave her the picture. "Congratulations and come back anytime. I'll be happy to check on you." Harlan says as abby climbs off the table. "Thank you. So much." Abby says wrapping her arms around him. "No problem." He says as they pull apart. Michonne put her hand on abbys back as they walked back to the RV. Michonne and abby stared at the picture as they walked. "Whatcha got there?" Rick says as they get to the RV. "Looks like you're a grandpa of two." Abby says handing rick the picture. He grabs it and looks at the picture. "Twins?" He says with a chuckle as daryl grabs the picture from him. "A girl and a boy." Abby says with a smile. "Two more little ass kickers. That's gonna be something." Daryl says as rick pulls abby into a hug. "Double trouble." Michonne says taking the picture from daryl. "We'll be able to handle it." Rick says as they pull apart. "We're a team." He says with a smile. Abby smiled back as michonne handed her the picture. "We're family." Abby says before getting back on the RV as everyone packed stuff up. Soon everyone was back in the RV and maggie headed to the back to see abby. "He gave you a picture too?" Maggie asked sitting down next to her. "Yeah." She says handing maggie her picture. "Twins. One boy and one girl." Abby says as maggie stares at the picture in awe. "You'll have a niece and a nephew." Abby says as maggie looks up at her and smiled. She pulled abby into a hug. "Mines not as cool but here." Maggie says as they pull away. Abby grabs the picture and looks a the small growing baby. She smiled and looked up at maggie. "They'll all be best friends." Abby says handing the picture back. Maggie just smiles and kisses her head. Abby was so happy, she was gonna become a mother of two beautiful babies.