Chapter 19: Going on a run

Abby was woken up by michonne shaking her slightly. Her arms were wrapped around her bear she slept with every night.

"Wanna go on a run?" Michonne says as abby rubs her eyes slightly.

"Sure, where too?" Abby asked quietly as her mouth was dry.

"Into town. Rick wants to look for guns." Michonne says grabbing some clothes for abby.

"Change and then come down. I'll get your gear." Abby nods her head and slowly gets up from bed.

Abby wasn't a morning person at all. When she was able to sleep she didn't liked do be bothered. Michonne has gotten her out her dark blue jeans, a tank top and one of michonnes flannels. Abby yawned and started to get ready. She took down her braids and pulled her hair into a quick half up style with a loose bun. As she Putting on her boots hershel walked up.

"Be Safe out there." Her dad says standing outside her cell.

"I will. I'll be with michonne and rick." She says before giving him a hug.

He kisses her head before heading downstairs. Mostly everyone was awake except merle and judith. Michonne had all abbys gear placed on the table. She quickly started putting everything on. Her machete on her left, gun and knife on her right. Her bow sat wrapped around her back along with her arrow bag. She also hooked the knife daryl got her in her boot.

"Ready?" Michonne asked her grabbing an empty bag.

"Yeah." Abby says as the begin their walk outside. Carl and Rick were putting bags in the trunk as they walked up.

"Morning." Rick says to abby rubbing her shoulder. Abby smiled and replied.

"Morning." Rick sent her a smile before they all got in the car. She rested her head on the window and closed her eyes. She was still tried. Carl tapped her arm making her turn her head.

"Grab you a granola bar." He says holding out a cliff bar.

"Thanks." She says with a smile.

The car ride was very quiet. No one really said a word. Minutes later abbys attention was caught by guy walked alone on the street. He looked at the car and started yelling.

"HEY! STOP! IM OK! HELP PLEASE!"

Abby watched as they continued to drive away leaving the man on the road. Abby knew that they weren't gonna take in a random person. You truly never know. They slowed down as they came to a block on the road. Michonne slowly went around as carl and abby looked at the car. The car came to a stop making abby jerk in her seat.

"What happened?" She asked as michonne pushed the gas.

The tires spun underneath them. Abby didn't need a response. As michonne stopped pushing on the gas walkers started to surround the car.

"Oh shit." Abby whispered to herself.

Abby looked around at all the walkers pounding on the windows. This is a dumb way to die abby thought.

"Cover your ears." Rick says as abby looked at carl.

Carl nodded and covered his ears. She followed and looked away hoping that would make the gunshot not as loud. Here goes nothing.

Abby looked through the cars as rick and carl looked for things to get the car unstuck. All abby found was some snack type food, water, some clothes and a pair of doc martens a size bigger than hers. She shoved everything in the trunk before rick patted the truck letting michonne know to go. Very quickly the car was unstuck.

"Nice." Abby says opening the door.

"IM BEGGING YOU DONT GO!! PLEASEE! IM OK!"

Abbys attention was moved onto the same guy who was screaming earlier. Rick motioned for them to get into the car. Abby quickly jumped in and carl after her. They then continued their car ride ignoring the man who continued to run. The car ride to the town was short, abby just stared out the window.