Chapter 42: Shared tears

(Note: Sorry to all the carl and enid shipper as I will be taking away the scenes between the two as they would clearly effect abby and carl's relationship. Enid will appear soon I promise.)

     Abby laid downstairs in carl's arms fast asleep. She soon woke up to feeling very nauseous. She stood up very quickly trying not to wake carl up. She then ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. Willow came walking in rubbing her eyes half awake.

"Are you ok?" She asked walking over and sitting down next to abby. Abby couldn't answer as she continued to throw up.

"Abby?" Glenn says running into the bathroom.

"I'm o-" Abby couldn't finish as she started to throw up again. Glenn ran over and held her hair as she threw up into the toilet. He rubbed her back lightly as she threw up for about ten more minutes.

"Willow go get her some water." Glenn says as willow stood up running out the bathroom.

She sighed and leaned up against glenn. He placed his hand on her forehead, she wasn't running a fever. Willow had returned with maggie who held a glass of water.

"What's wrong?" Maggie asked handing glenn the water.

"I think I have a bug or something." Abby says taking the water from glenn's hands.

"I can stay home today." Glenn says making abby shake her head. Glenn had an important run today for the group.

"No, i'll stay with carol." Abby says as glenn rubbed her shoulders.

"Alright." He says as she slowly stands up with the help of glenn. By this time carl had woken up and headed to see what happened.

"Are you ok?" He asked pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah, stomach bug or something." Abby says as they pull away.

"Go lay down upstairs." Maggie says putting a hand on her shoulder. Abby nodded before leaving the bathroom with carl. Once she got to carl's room she immediately laid down.

"Need anything?" Carl asked rubbing her back.

She shook her head and closed her eyes. Carl just sighed before heading back downstairs. Abby stayed in bed the whole day until glenn and them returned. Carl had come to check in her every now and then. He had been hanging out at mikey house across the street.

She was feeling a lot better and was hoping to go walk around outside. Carol was trying to convince her to go shower before going to see glenn.

"You smell like vomit and sweat, go shower!" Carol say as abby stood in the kitchen. Carol was making dinner for everyone.

"It'll just be real quick. They probably stink too!" Abby says watching willow eat some of the food.

"Doesn't matter! Go shower!" Carol says making abby sigh and stomp upstairs.

She quickly showered and changed into leggings, a soft grey t shirt and carl's flannel. She then slipped on some socks and her high top converse before pulling her hair into a messy bun. Abby then proceeded to go downstairs to show carol she had showered.

"I'm clean. Now can I go?" Abby asked as carl walked back into the house.

"Go where?" He asked walking up to her.

"I wanna go on a walk and see glenn and them." She says as carl kisses her head.

"She smelled like throw up." Carol says making carl chuckle slightly.

"You did smell bad earlier." Carl says making abby roll her eyes.

"Can I go?" Abby asked carol ignoring what carl said.