Chapter 9: Im a big kid now

Abby got up extra early today, daryl promised her he'd help her with some survival skills. He also promised he wouldn't tell anyone. So she got up before dawn and got ready for the day.

She settled on a t shirt and jeans along with a flannel wrapped around her waist. Her also had her converse on and her necklace as always. She snuck out the house making sure no one heard her. She then speed walked to daryl's tent. He was already up and sitting on by where he makes his fires.

"Perfect timing." He says as she sits down in front of him.

"We're gonna start with knifes." He says pulling out one from his back pocket. It was pink and was pretty big.

"Found this on a run the other day. Thought someone would like it." He says handing the knife to her. She pulled it out revealing the black metal. It felt pretty good in her hands. Balanced nicely.

"Now you're gonna wanna hold it like this." He says holding his knife a certain way. She mimicked him.

"It's easier to slice. If you're gonna stab you're gonna want to hold it like this." He says changing his hand position. She mimicked him again.

"When you come across a walker, stab the head. Anywhere else doesn't work. If it's a human, neck, head, heart, or anything major arteries." He points to each one.

"They'll bleed out." Abby says as he nods.

"That's the point. Neck is best when they aren't paying attention and you're behind them." He mimics a motion.

They talked until the sun came up and everyone was starting to get up. Daryl went to talk to Randel as abby went to get breakfast. She hid her knife in her bra as she went inside.

"Where were you?" Maggie ask her as she walked into the kitchen.

"I went to feed Riley." Abby lies as she sits down. Maggie nods believing her.

Abby eats her food before heading to her treehouse. She climbed up the hard way. Daryl said climbing trees can come in handy. So she planned on climbing up and down the tree from now on out.

Once she got up to the top she swung her legs over the fence and headed inside. She practiced her knife skills on the tree inside. No one would be able to see her in here. As she fought the tree she took out all her anger, everything that was building up inside of her. She didn't realize she was crying until her vision was blurry. She put the knife on the ground and sat down. Why was she crying? All she was doing was hitting a tree. She needed more than that.

      As thought flew by her head she thought. Why practice on a tree when there's walkers outside? She smiled at the thought before putting the knife in her bra and climbed down the tree.

Abby walked passed daryl's place and into the woods. All she needed was one walker, then she'd come back. As she walked by all the trees she remembered all the times she went exploring in the woods. She realized she was probably never gonna be able to do that again.

She heard some noise and she headed in that direction. Her eyes widened as she saw carl fighting with a walker. She then started running. She jumped over the water and to carl. She pulled the knife out and stabbed the walker in the head. Abby felt a relief fly over her body. Carl's eyes widened when he saw the girl standing over her.

"What are you doing out here?" She ask him pulling him back to his feet.

"I could ask you the same thing." He says as he dust off his pants.

"Came to get some stress out." She says washing her knife in the water.

"Does your dad know?" He ask her as she wipes the knife on her pants.