Chapter 53: First look

Abby sat in the car holding theo. Carl watched as theo messed with abbys shirt. "Almost there." Rick tells them as he drives. No one said anything as they continued the drive. Rick wanted to visit hilltop again and asked if abby wanted to join. He knew how much she wanted to see maggie. Only a couple minutes later the car came to a stop. Carl got out first then helped abby get out as she held Theo. They walked slowly to the gate. Abby smiled as she saw maggie on watch on the gate. "Sasha! Enid!" She yells before heading down. The gates slowly open and abby quickly heads inside. Maggie immediately pulled her into a hug carefully as she saw the baby. "Enid told me. I'm so sorry." Maggie says as they pull away. "It's ok." Abby says with a small smile. She didn't wanna be sad, she was finally back with her sister. She had cried enough tears for the loss of her baby. "Wanna hold him?" Abby asked her. "Yes of course!" Maggie says as abby hands her theo. Rick walked up and watched as maggie held theo. Abbys attention was caught by someone walking their way with jesus. "Daryl." She says as her eyes widened. She quickly started to run over as tears filled her eyes. "DARYL!" She yells now fully crying as daryl does the same. He opened his arms and Abby immediately pulled him into a hug. He held her tightly as if at any second he'd be pulled away. "You're ok!" She says with a smile as they pull away. He placed a hand on her cheek and cried as he looked at her. "You're ok." He says now fully crying. Rick had walked over breaking their moment. Abby smiled as the two reunited together. "Abby!" Enid yells almost tackling her with a hug. "Hi enid!" Abby says with a laugh. "Where's theo?" She asked making daryl look at them. "Theos here?" He asked making abby smile. "Maggie!" Abby yells motioning for her to come over. She was surrounded by hilltop people, a lot of people haven't seen a baby in a while. She comes over and abby grabs theo from her. "Theo, meet grandpa daryl!" Abby says softly as she hands him theo. Daryls eyes filled with more tears as he looked at theo. "Lena." He asked looking up at her. Abby just shook her head trying not to cry anymore than she had. "I'm sorry." He says as abby just smiled softly and wiped her eyes. Rick placed his hand on her shoulder. They all still felt the heart break of loosing lena. "Come on." Rick says as daryl hands theo back to abby.

They all started to make their way to where Gregory was. Abby had already agreed to staying with enid in the hall. "We can sit over here." Enid says as abby watched everyone walk Into gregory's office. Carl sent a small smile before heading in. Abby followed enid into a small living room. Enid flopped down on the couch and abby followed. "It's my turn now!" Enid says reaching out for theo. Abby just chuckled slightly and handed her theo. "How is everything going?" Enid asked her as she looked down at theo. "It's. Hard." Abby says with a sigh. "Willows struggling a lot with the whole negan thing. She doesn't seem herself at all without eugene." She says putting her face in her hands. "Sometimes I wish my dad was here. He raised three girls and I have no idea how." Abby says with a small chuckle making enid smile. "Maggie talks a lot about him. He seems like he was an amazing man." Enid says making abby look up with a smile. "He was. He always knew what to say no matter what." She says looking at theo. "He would have been so excited about Theo." Enid says making abby smile. "Yeah, he would have." Abby says as theo made spit bubbles excitedly. The two just giggles at the baby who was clearly loving all the attention. "Wanna go take a walk? It might be a while." Enid says as theo messed with her hair. "Sure, here i'll carry him. I brought his wrap." Abby says grabbing the fabric out of her bag. Enid helped her get theo all ready before they headed outside. Abby smiled as she looked around at all the people. It reminded her of the farm. "I'll be back, I need to do something. Feel free to walk around, it'll only be a second." Enid says before running off. Abby just smiled and headed over to where a lot of food was. She was starving since she didn't eat when negan was at their house. Theo had relaxed and fallen asleep immediately as she rubbed his back gently. There was buckets of fresh fruits and vegetables making her smile. "A baby!" A women says catching abbys attention. She looked up to see a older women walking towards her. "His names theo." Abby says as the women got closer to look at theo. "He's beautiful. How old?" She asked as theo yawned. "Hes only a week old." Abby says making the women look at her with wide eyes. "Oh my! You bounced back quick!" She says making abby chuckle. "I'm so sorry I forgot to ask your name." The women says with a chuckle. "Abby Greene, my sister is maggie!" Abby says making the women smile. "I should have known you two look related! I'm tammy." She says grabbing an apple. "Nice to meet you." Abby says with a smile. "I must get back to work but here." Tammy says handing abby an apple. "You deserve it, motherhood is hard." She says making abby smile. "Thank you." Abby says with a smile. Tammy then walked back to her work leaving abby to explore. She walked around for what felt like hours until carl came running over to her. She was feeding the horses. "Hey!! They have horses!!" Abby says excitedly making carl smile. "Come on we're going to meet this guy named king Ezekiel." Carl says as abby looked at him confused. "King?"