⏤ 25. summer 1994

The warm summer wind blew past the four teenagers as soon as they left the much cooler building of the cinema theatre. The harsh afternoon sun showed them no mercy either. The four were in Brighton. As promised, Asteria had taken them to watch 'Lion King'. And it had been worth it.

"I still can't believe you cried over some moving drawings.." sighed Blaise. He was in a casual t-shirt, that day, looking taller and leaner than before. As much as he missed the feel of expensive fabric, this felt much better in the blazing heat.

Theo rolled his eyes. "As if you didn't shed a tear when Simba tried to wake Mufasa up. You try too hard to appear heartless, you know, Zabini?"

He was in a black t-shirt and a plaid shirt. Both of their clothes had been lended to them by Cedric, since they had showed up at Ria's house in their most wizard-ish clothes ever.

Ria chuckled to herself. "Wait till I take you to watch Titanic.."

"Oh no.. that one is the sadder one, isn't it?" Sophie asked with a worried frown. "Why do you love tragedy so much? Most of the books you read are like that too. I still cry when I remember 'Faults in our stars'."

The two girls had worn sundresses; sage green for Ria and yellow for Sophie. Even Sophie had had a growth spurt that summer vacation. Ria had grown too, but not as much. It was a bit of an exaggeration, but she felt like a dwarf standing amongst those three.

"But I.. I have to admit." Blaise said, almost painfully. "Muggles are interesting."

"Yes.." Ria whispered, punching the air victoriously. "Go on. Thank me for that."

They rolled their eyes playfully. "You're a bit late." Theo said to Blaise. "I realised they were cool back when Ria told me they figured out how to fly without magic."

He slowly nodded. "And I still think some wizard helped them figure it out."

Ria squinted her eyes at him. "It can happen. Doesn't have to mean it has."

"Aw.. look at her." Blaise swung an arm around her shoulder. "Did I offend you? Please say yes."

"Shut up."

He just laughed. "Anyway.. what else do you have for us, Miss. Edwards?"

Then she remembered. "Ooh! I'm taking you to my favourite place. Come on, we gotta catch a taxi."

When the bell of the shop tinkered, the barista looked up. She smiled at the familiar face walking in. "Asteria! How're you doing?"

Ria smiled back. "I'm doing great! How was your day, Marie?"

The woman shrugged. "You know? The same old thing again and again." She looked at her friends behind her. "So.. the same today?"

She nodded. "Yes, please. And make it four. Thank you!"