⏤ 07. foolish arguments

"Did you cry all night?"

Ria slowly looked at her cousin. "Do you really think this is what crying all night looks like?" She asked. She had been sitting at the Hufflepuff table for breakfast with Cedric and Sophie.

"I just couldn't sleep, that's all.." She answered, shrugging it off. "Hell, I don't think I'd be able to get any sleep where I live."

"Curious question. Have you ever cried all night?" asked Sophie, and Ria didn't have to think about it.

She nodded. "I once discovered a boy band. I loved their songs. I watched their musics videos, live performances. I learned their names. I watched their journeys. I learned the inside jokes. But somehow.." she said, seeming pissed at herself. "My dumb arse forgot to check when all that happened."

"Then two months later— and I was attached to them by that time —I found out that my favourite member had left the band four years ago."

"Oooh.." Cedric hissed.

"And that's not even where it broke me." Ria scoffed in self-pity. "I broke down when, three hours later, I found out that the rest of the band had been on an '18 month break' since the past three years."

Sophie raised a questioning eyebrow. "On an 18 month break since the past three years?"

Ria nodded. "No one knew when they were reuniting. It was tragic."

"You know, you're too much like Aunt Issy and Uncle Dan?" said Cedric after a brief pause.

"How so?" asked Asteria.

"Dad told me both of them were obsessed over bands." He chuckled. "They used to fight over their favourites.. Aunt loved ABBA and Uncle loved the Beatles. Their common ground was Queen."

Ria nodded, seeming impressed at their music taste. She then looked at Sophie to ask her what her favourites were, but a bang made all the heads turn towards the Gryffindor table.

Ria squinted her eyes. "Is that.."

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY—"

That scream was enough for Ria's confirmation. "Yeah, I'll be back."

"HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I'M ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU! YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!"

It was obvious that Ron was petrified by the Howler, but she didn't know how shocked Harry was until she touched his shoulder and he flinched.

"Hey! It's me.. Hi." She chuckled.

His lips instantly curled up in a smile at the familiar face. "Oh.. Hi, Ria!"

"Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making it to Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." The letter then tore itself to pieces and ablaze into flames as it fell on the table.