⏤ 37. the right person

Asteria's birthday had been pretty great for her since the second she had opened her eyes.. the sound that had woken her up being a Howler from Sirius literally belting the Birthday song like a professional singer.

And of course, she had received loads of gifts that she decided to open later, because all that consumed her mind was her very first date..

The mayhem of that sentence had struck the Quad that morning itself, and when they realised that would be the perfect moment to get Potter jealous, they did their everything to prepare their girl for her date.

Sophie had made sure she ate her breakfast properly, while Blaise and Theodore silently judged her clothes. It was all good and well until they had insulted her favourite pair of sneakers; she had to kick them out with a whole lot of effort.

And then.. she did something unexpected..

Expected, actually.

Dad,
Something fricking happened!

And no, it was not the guy I was talking about.. sadly.

But the guy I went to the Yule Ball with? His name's Louis.. He asked me out on a date! This Valentine! Which is also my birthday! (I hope you remember that)

Can you believe it? It's my first freaking date! It's not what I expected, or who I expected with.. But I'm so excited, and nervous!

Lord, I'm panic-ranting to you.. But I feel so weird, I had to rant to someone!

And don't worry, I'll let you know how it goes.

Love,
Asteria

And it did go well.. from playing games, to trying the tea in the tea shop, and then run to the Three Broomsticks to compensate for the tea.. it went well.

"I really loved the date, Ria.." Louis breathed out, lacing their fingers together, pulling her away from the shop she was trying to enter.

The girl glanced at their hands before giving him a hesitant smile. She had enjoyed it too. Louis had been a sweetheart through and through.

"Well, I— I liked it too. We should hang out often." Her words stumbled a bit as he pulled her closer.

Louis just hummed in response. "You know.. I really like you, Asteria." He confessed, looking down at her intently.

"I.." She sighed, unable to hold his gaze but somehow managing to. "I— uh— I think.."

She found herself leaning towards him, their lips inches away.. her eyes locked onto his which seemed darker than the grey shade they had always been.

Why couldn't she back away?

She wanted to back away, but she couldn't for some reason. She thought she liked Louis more than a friend.. but she didn't. No, she could never like anyone the way she liked Harry.