⏤ 03. threat

The woman anxiously stood at the reception counter. As soon as the person in front of her left, she hurried forward. "I'm here for Alice and Frank Longbottom.."

The witch nodded, checking the opening the thick record book in front of her. "Name?"

"Isabella Diggory. I'm an old friend of the couple.. we went to Hogwarts together." She answered in a hurry, and the witch nodded, writing her name down.

"Fifth floor. Spell damage ward—"

"Thank you so much!"

Isabella's feet carried her there.. just as nervous.. just as excited at the idea of seeing them after years. She slowly walked into the room, her heart almost beating out of her chest, and it dropped to her stomach once she saw them.

Frank was sound asleep, but Alice.. her eyes snapped up to look at her the moment she walked in. And Isabella's eyes teared up as she saw her hollow ones.

"Al— Alice?" She took slow steps towards her. "Hey.. Alice. It's me.."

Alice tilted her head, watching her with a blank stare. "Bella? Isabella Diggory.. Hogwarts.. We were dormmates.. Do you.. Do you remember?" She asked, hand reaching out to touch her face, but she backed away.

Isabella stopped, and instead held her hand out open in front of her, and Alice watched as a golden butterfly formed into her palm, her lips curled slightly. Remember, Alice..

Bella smiled, a lone tear fell down her cheeks as her friend reached out to touch the glowing butterfly with a finger. It scattered into golden dust, surprising her a little.. and she looked back up at the crying woman.

Isabella slowly sat in front of her, her hand holding Alice's face from both sides. This time she didn't flinch. The Enchantress slowly leaned her forehead against hers and closed her eyes, her fingers at Alice's temples emitted a heavenly glow.

Please, remember. Alice, it's me.. You can't forget me. It's Bella.. She thought desperately. I'll bring you back.. I'll do everything I can.

Isabella's eyebrows furrowed in focus, her head hurting from the strain.

Come back.. I've lost everyone.. everyone.. I can't lose you too. Remember, Alice. Please, remember me.. Please..

She opened her eyes hopefully, backing away to look at her friend. The light from her fingers dimmed as she took them away. "Alice?"

Her eyes stared back into her for a while before they looked away. She got up from her bed and walked towards the window, watching a bird that was perched upon a branch while a mindless hum left her lips.

Isabella choked out a sob. The strength, the hope, the tiny ray of happiness that had come by.. abandoned her just as quickly.

God.. it hurt.. Her ice cold fate stabbed her into the heart, stayed there until Isabella made it a part of her.. then mercilessly melted away, leaving a void there forever.. again..