⏤ 01. number twelve, grimmauld place

Harry Potter furiously scribbled his reply on the piece of parchment. He was late; he hadn't written back to Asteria's letter for a week now, and he just hoped that she wouldn't get mad at him.

Dear Ria,

I'm sorry I haven't written back for weeks, but you know how it is with the Dursleys. It's just.. infuriating. And calling you isn't really an option. But, please keep writing.. just so I know that you're alright.

I've been trying to keep my ears on the Muggle news, but maybe Voldemort has attacked no one yet. Or that he hasn't let it leak. But it's making me lose my mind.

I don't understand why it feels so hard lately.. I'm feeling paranoid by every passing minute, and my head feels like it would explode with anger. It's like I can't understand what's going on with me, and the Dursleys make it worse. And no one's writing back to me, answering my questions properly.. it's infuriating. Even Dumbledore.. I've written to him thirteen times. He hasn't answered once.

It's been weeks and I feel like I want to yell at something until I lose my voice and take all my anger out, or maybe I just need to listen to your voice. It's been a while after all..

What was he thinking? He clucked his tongue in disappointment and hastily cut the part, realising that he'd just sound like an arsehole or make her worry.

I just miss you.. so much.

There's still a month to go.. I can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Harry.

He sighed at the letter, then looked at his snowy owl. "Hey, Hedwig.." he cooed, making her look at him. "Up for a flight?" The bird flapped her wings enthusiastically and clasped the letter with her beak, flying away from Privet Drive soon after.

The townside of Brighton had a peaceful silence spread all over the houses. If one listened carefully, they'd hear waves crashing on the shore of Brighton beach along with a small chatter of tourists. It was a comforting feeling for everyone.. everyone but one person.

Isabella Diggory could hear the lowest of noises that surrounded them because of how silent her daughter had been that summer. It was unreal for Asteria to be like that. But one could understand.

'This could change so.. so many lives.' Ria could see the sheer excitement Lagarde had by the way her handwriting appeared a little more rushed than usual. And she couldn't comprehend the kindness the young Ravenclaw had before the world clawed at her heart.

Hermione had told her about it.. about how the Circle of Runes was supposedly a failed invention of Lagarde. And of course.. Ria just had to look for it in Lagarde's journal.

'I saw it.. I saw another memory of him today. I saw how he used it.'

Another memory of who? Ria's hand was itching to turn to another page and find out who she was talking about, but the promise she had made to Sophie held her back. Right.. no peeking out of curiousity.. it's for my own sanity. If I do, I'll go down into a spiral of things.