⏤ 20. extraordinary

The month of January had melted a little of December's snow. The new year had gone by, it would be warmer soon, but nothing compared to the excitement of the students of Slytherin as their first match of the season had arrived.

Asteria's adrenaline levels were high as she excitedly feasted on her eggs and toast. It wasn't much of a grand breakfast, but she happily swayed a little with every chew on the food in her mouth.

Amelia, though, in front of her, appeared completely opposite. She was nervously biting on her piece of toast, making little to no effort in chewing and gulping it down. She looked up at Ria, wishing she could be as relaxed as she was.

"'Melia.. It's going to be fine." Adrian tried to assure her, but he wasn't of any help.

"Yeah, it better be." Flint muttered as he took a seat beside Adrian. "Or I'm going to blast someone off."

Amelia's eyes slightly widened, and Ria threw a look towards him. "Oh, shush, Flint. Don't make her more nervous than she already is." Ria muttered to him, and then looked at the girl. "Don't you worry! He must be getting hormonal. It's an everytime thing."

Amelia let out a small laugh, while Marcus spared Ria with a glare that went ignored. He sighed. "Why don't you enlighten her, then, Miss. Edwards?"

"Sure." She shrugged merrily, placing her fork down and looking over at her. "There's nothing to overthink about.. trust me. Been there, done that. Hell, actually, everyone on this team has.." she chuckled a bit. "You're a skilled player. Just keep a hold of your confidence and your concentration, that's it."

Amelia nodded as she released a breath to ease herself, then smiled at her. "I can't really thank you enough, Ria. D'you know how much you've been helping me these past months?" She chuckled with a nervous undertone. "I hope I'm on the team long enough to see you play as the Captain."

Ria smiled at the compliment, but a snort came from the current Captain. "Oh.. that'd be a pity. A righteous way down.. straight to defeat for us Slytherins, eh?"

The girls ignored his comment, because Ria had noticed their Gryffindors waving at them from the breakfast table. The girl took Amelia by her hand and walked her to them, hoping the Weasley twins and Lee would cheer her up.

As soon as they reached them, the two were quick to take Amelia in a bone crushing hug, while she tried to pat their backs and tell them that she was being suffocated.

Ria quickly took the time to run towards Lee. "Hey, Jordan!" She whispered. "I know you don't particularly like us Slytherins. But can you try and encourage her in the match, a bit? She's been anxious since last night."

He gave her a look of determination, and kept a firm hand on her shoulder. "Leave it to me, Asteria. You focus on your performance. I'll let you in on a secret." He whispered. "You're my favourite Keeper. After Oliver, of course. But yes, you are. Best of luck."