⏤ 22. curious

Unwillingly, Asteria opened her eyes, staring blankly at the ceiling. All of yesterday came back rushing to her, and she pulled her covers tightly around her, feeling herself sink into the mattress beneath. She had been like that for minutes, perhaps hours, she had lost count now. But she couldn't stop replaying everything in her head over and over again.

"Ria?" Someone knocking on the door outside interrupted her recurring thoughts. "It's— It's time for breakfast."

She wasn't hungry. She wanted the world to go away.. to leave her alone so she could stay in one place, and maybe die and rot all by herself, without causing anyone any problems.

"Ria, please—" Oh.. It was Remus. Of course. "You haven't eaten anything since last night."

She pulled her knees close to her chest, hugging them as she laid on her side. She wasn't hungry. She wasn't willing to get up. She didn't want to do anything. 

Just leave me alone.

"Dear, for whatever that happened yesterday.. your mother is very sorry." He said. "I agree; she was very wrong. And we all were too.. We've all had a hand in your father's demise, one way or another."

"But please, please.. stop punishing yourself."

Ria did not say anything, but Remus waited. He waited and waited for anything; maybe a yell to leave her alone, an unexplained 'no', a mere sniffle, or any voice from her. But there was no response, not even a sign of one.

He sighed out, leaning his forehead on her door. "We're sorry.." He breathed out. "We're— we're really—" He suddenly stopped as another set of footsteps halted outside the door.

The knocks that came were now much softer. "Ria, dear.." said Mrs. Weasley, sounding more motherly than ever. "If you don't want to let us in, so be it.." She said.

"Can you at least send Harry outside? He is needed here, downstairs."

Ria's eyebrows furrowed in the slightest. Harry? He wasn't here in the room— 

Her eyes fell on the top of his head, peeking from the edge of the bed. She moved a little, wanting to see what he was doing. He had been sitting on the floor, head leaning against the frame of the bed with a first aid kit beside him.

Ria's eyes ultimately rested on her wounded left hand. She could feel the bareness of her knuckles against the bandage. Right.. he had been here.

"Professor Snape is here to meet him. It's important."

Ria paused whatever thought process she was going through at his mention. She could feel her heart leap; she was desperate for answers.

Her good hand slowly threaded through Harry's hair, and his eyes fluttered open. Once he registered that Ria was awake, every ounce of sleep in his eyes disappeared. He jumped up from his place, settling beside her on the bed. "Hey.. What is it? D'you need anything?"