⏤ 08. the quidditch team

A week had gone by with Asteria at Hogwarts, and she couldn't love the place more.

What wasn't there to love? There was a dark forest filled with Magical Creatures called the Forbidden Forest. There was a big Quidditch field. And most importantly, there was an Astronomy towers, with magical telescopes of all kinds, and with a clear view of the sky.

Though with the second week, Quidditch tryouts had come around pretty quickly. And she was excited. Oh, she was so excited to finally fly her Nimbus over a big enough ground.

Now the day had finally arrived.. she sat at the breakfast table in her Quidditch gear a bit earlier than others. She was definitely hungry, but at the same time she had a ball of nervousness dancing around in her stomach. So, when Blaise and Theodore saw the girl staring hard at her sandwich, they felt the need to approach her.

"You do it—"

"No way, you do it—"

"Why is she just.. staring at it?"

Theodore hesitantly moved forward and waved his hand in front of her eyes. She broke out of her zoned out condition. "Oh.. Hi."

"Are you alright? What happened to you?" He asked, as both of them sat in front of her.

"Me? What happened to me? I'm alright! Just— Just lost in thoughts."

"I see you're trying out." Blaise said, looking at her attire, and Ria nodded with a wide smile. "Then I hope you're not trying out for the Seeker's position." He sniggered as he helped himself with breakfast.

"Yeah, I've heard him bragging." She rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion." She said, looking at Blaise.

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "Thank me? What suggestion?"

"Didn't know you'd forget about our meeting in Diagon Alley so soon.." Ria commented with a small chuckle.

Slowly, realisation dawned on his face. "No way! Did you?" He asked with an eager smile on his face.

Ria nodded in response. "Yes, I did take that Nimbus 2001."

Blaise was now grinning at her. "Well, then I suppose there's a chance for you on that team, no matter what!"

The girl laughed, but then thought of taunting him. "Are you saying that I wouldn't be good enough without that broom, Zabini?" She asked playfully, and his smile disappeared.

"What? No! Of course not— I didn't mean that—"

"Edwards!" A voice full of excitement said, as a familiar girl came into Ria's view. "How're you doing? No one's bothering you here, right?"

"I'm great!" Ria answered, seeming happy to see her again. She gave Blaise a quick, playful side-eye. "And you don't need to worry about me. No one's bothering me."